Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A Willrich book from SS leadership school Wewelsburg

Article about: by Overthetop ive got goebbels diary too ...all joking aside I hope you try and seek recompense for any sales premium that might have been applied to the Willrich book you purchased for havi

Default Re: A Willrich book from SS leadership school Wewelsburg

I agree the book in itself is not evil but the content and intent is most definitely evil!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Willrich book from SS leadership school Wewelsburg
    P
    Many

?

The book came from Germania International, a site filled with fantasy items, SS embossed, stamped, engraved, marked, etc, items whose authenticity is spurious at best and in most cases a complete and total joke including the Waffen SS waffenamt cigarette lighter, and the lovely round bottom fake SS M42 complete with SOS COA on page 6 of the Waffen SS section. He has more Himmler autographs than all dealers combined and his site is designed, with the music, period pics, and over the top descriptions to loosen the purse strings of the unwary who want something special from the 3rd Reich.

And from Third Reich International 2 more books with this exact stamp. No record of this stamp exists. Easy to say "prove it's not real" when proof of its very existence doesn't exist, like so much of the junk littering Germania International.

Thread is re-opened.

Is this the same book for sale here:

SS Fhrerschule Castle Wewelsburg

Sale price $389 and with "Bibliothek Wewelsburg" stamp.

A Willrich book from SS leadership school Wewelsburg

The book is I am sure an original period publication, but the Library stamp is likely to be bogus and is mean't to increase the value of the book. Obviously, if evidence can be provided to show it is an original period stamping then I will be happy to be proven wrong, though that seems unlikely and the seller has likely used it to give a provenance to an item merely to increase its value. I hope you paid no more for the book than an unstamped copy would be worth, minus the devaluation caused by the addition of the bogus stamp.

Adding spurious SS inkstamped markings to items has been going on for a long time and all it does is ruin historical items IMHO or is done in an attempt to legitimize fake items. A shame either way.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The book is I am sure an original period publication, but the Library stamp is likely to be bogus and is mean't to increase the value of the book. Obviously, if evidence can be provided to show it is an original period stamping then I will be happy to be proven wrong, though that seems unlikely and the seller has likely used it to give a provenance to an item merely to increase its value. I hope you paid no more for the book than an unstamped copy would be worth, minus the devaluation caused by the addition of the bogus stamp.

Adding spurious SS inkstamped markings to items has been going on for a long time and all it does
    is ruin historical items IMHO or is done in an attempt to legitimize fake items. A shame either way.
    All excellent points!

At a slight tangent, did the original Willrich artworks/drawings used to illustrate the book survive the war?

Fantastic artist, I love his style.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The book came from Germania International, a site filled with fantasy items, SS embossed, stamped, engraved, marked, etc, items whose authenticity is spurious at best and in most cases a complete and total joke including the Waffen SS waffenamt cigarette lighter, and the lovely round bottom fake SS M42 complete with SOS COA on page 6 of the Waffen SS section. He has more Himmler autographs than all dealers combined and his site is designed, with the music, period pics, and over the top descriptions to loosen the purse strings of the unwary who want something special from the 3rd Reich.

And from Third Reich International 2 more books with this exact stamp. No record of this stamp exists. Easy to say "prove it's not real" when proof of its very existence doesn't exist, like so much of the junk littering Germania International.

Thread is re-opened.
    Germania International has more "amazing" German rings than any period German Jewelry store must have ever had...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Overthetop View Post
    im so sick of whoever is messaging me about the stamp,.the stamp is legit,every single piece of militaria in history can be faked,.faked items get made to look close to or identical to the origional,yeah. the stamp looks similar to fake ones,does not mean the stamp in my book is fake,dont bother messaging me back,you will get no reply,so dont waste your precious time.,until i see a fake stamp identical too the stamp in my book the stamp is legit,its nothing like the stamps on iOffer & Ebay,so stop,going out of your way to re-search to prove my book is fake,of course tey make fake stamps to look like the origionals,you have no proof that the stamp in my book is fake.
    I understand that this comment was directed at me, which leaves me a little surprised. I would add that any 'messages' I have written to this forum contributor are on this thread and not private ones. I would like it to be clearly understood that my comments were intended to be helpful, both to the owner of this book and other colleagues. If there is any doubt about the authenticity of an item surely it is better to rigorously test it, that way it will either emerge firmly validated or the purchaser will know the true status of the item and be able to take appropriate action with the vendor. I would add that I do not claim an especial expertise in this area, but the points I made were valid ones, I believe.

?

The book was bought from a site that is full of fakes and fantasy items run by a known crook. That alone should concern any collector. As well and with due respect, the burden of proof is not upon the forum or readers however, it is upon the presenter of said item. Other readers of this forum may get sucked in by reading the logic presented here on the stamps authenticity which is bass ackwards I am afraid and fall victim to other cons perpetuated by the seller.

I also do not believe the book is that rare. A rare book fetches tens of thousands of dollars, not $380, with an SS stamp in it. I would guess this book can be had for much less, without the stamp.

Finally do an internet search on Wewelsburg memorabilia, there is enough fantasy island stuff out there to fill a cement truck, and none of it real or can be proven as such, or disproven as its all engraved, stamped and embossed. Its the perfect playground for con artists.

So its nothing personal, just an observation, and I won't let forum readership be taken for a ride by some crap for brains con artist dealer.

?

I hate it when the moderaters are sitting on the fence!!

.Just kidding My sentiments exactly, Doug.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast