Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German photos

Article about: A couple of photos that I have in my collection...any info would be grateful ...thank you.

Default WW2 German photos

A couple of photos that I have in my collection...any info would be grateful ...thank you.WW2 German photosWW2 German photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German photos
    P
    Many

The first is a boy with a Hitler Youth flag and an early Hitler Youth cap. Not much else to say.

The man in the second photograph is a senior petty officer [Unteroffizier mit Portepee] of the Kriegsmarine in a white summer uniform. His shoulder boards are not clear enough to make out his exact rank.

Of interest is the name of the ship as seen on the life saver: The Aviso Grille was the Third Reich's offical state yacht.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German...lle_%281935%29

What a shame such a beautiful ship was scrapped and 'looted'

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you once again for the info...great help..i thought that it may of been the fuhrers yaught...

- - ------- - -

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR THE INFO...GREAT HELP..I THOUGHT THAT IT MAY OF BEEN THE FUHRERS YAUGHT...

Default The fuhrers yaught.

I hope that these close ups help to identfi the rank of the officer...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German photos   WW2 German photos  

Quote by baronvonbee View Post
    I hope that these close ups help to identfi the rank of the officer...
    As I said, not a (commissioned) officer, but a petty officer.

His rank is of Oberfeldwebel level (= one rank pip each above and below the specialty/career badge device on his shoulder boards).

That device is still not clear enough to positively identify, so I can't tell you his actual rank designation, which depend on the specialty/career.

For example, it would be Oberbootsmann for a bosun, Oberfeuerwerker for an artificer, Obersignalmeister for a signaller etc. etc.

Thank you...
    yet again you have been a great help.

HPL2008 is an incredibly helpful member on this forum. I for one (and I'm sure countless others) really appreciate his profound in depth knowledge of the German military and access to wartime records in Deutschland.

Danke!