Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!

Article about: I would like to hear any of your thoughts on this signature of Himmler. I have been looking at this one for a while, and would love to see if anyone could shed some daylight as to the authen

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I recommend looking for an official document signed by Himmler rather than simply a signature on an otherwise blank sheet of paper...
    They're out there, friend...Good luck with your search!
    Glenn
    I have an official doc signed by him. But unfortunately I'm not home. If I remember when I return I can post it.

That said, I would like to point out to everyone, officially verifying signatures is a profession and not something 99% of us are really qualified for, so in looking at one it is always a gamble ......IMHO
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!
    P
    Many

?

Here is my genuine example if it helps you for a comparison....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!  

A signed official document can be self-authenticating, depending on the content etc...The official Facsimile Signatures can be tricky as some documents were hand-signed, while others were facsimiled...

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    No, sorry, but this is not a period example in my opinion. There are numerous errors with regards to the accuracy of the signature.
    I agree here. This one looks wrong and the color of the crayon looks wrong to me, too.

And you are not well served when you look for other examples in the internet, as the bulk of images are from dicey sources and strike me as wrong.

Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!Here is a page from his famous 1940 pocket calendar as reprinted.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I agree with Carl and Map, this is not a period H.H signature. His style of writing is far more rigid and strait than this example.
    Quite fitting for him, isn't it?

Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Quite fitting for him, isn't it?
    How true.

He's definitely rigid in this particular photo...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your thoughts on this Himmler signature!  

?

Quote by Versatile170 View Post
    Do you mind including those examples?to many people say something is bad, and dont include the reasons. I am here to learn, what is wrong with it in your opinion? Thanks your your assistance.
    As stated above, several flaws with this example. A brief search of the forum will make the issues rather patent. Scraps of paper are often a dead giveaway that something isn't right...but that is not to say that the appearance of such a signature on an award document makes it genuine either...tread warily, for this area is both dangerous and vast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast