Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

10 Years of Independence Medal - 1928

Article about: Here another doubt. This commemorative medal of the 10 years of Independence 1928, these system of support of the ring. Is "wire" type, different from the "barrel" type (

Default 10 Years of Independence Medal - 1928

Here another doubt.
    This commemorative medal of the 10 years of Independence 1928, these system of support of the ring. Is "wire" type, different from the "barrel" type (French). Any variant of local manufacture?

10 Years of Independence Medal - 1928

Lambert

There are only two Polish 2nd Republic era versions that I am aware of. One, of course, is the official National Mint product with the familiar barrel suspension found on many pre-WW2 medals . The other is the French made version which has the characteristic “ball” suspension. Marius Delande is a known pre-WW2 maker of this medal, but there may have been other French producers also. It’s also quite likely the medal was produced in France post-WW2.

As far as the version you have pictured with the wire loop ribbon ring holder, I can’t say for sure but suspect it’s a modern copy. This type of suspension seems common to modern knock offs.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony.
    Thank you very much for your reply

I will request more pictures from the seller, but now, I do not have as much desire in acquiring ..

Regards
    Lambert