Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reproduction Polish military flags etc

Article about: Would anyone recommend where to purchase quality reproductions of Polish Military flags? What prices to expect? I'm looking for the 2nd Republic Polish Army or specific unit flags - 10th Mou

Default Reproduction Polish military flags etc

Would anyone recommend where to purchase quality reproductions of Polish Military flags? What prices to expect?

I'm looking for the 2nd Republic Polish Army or specific unit flags - 10th Mounted Rifles or 10th Motorized Cavalry Brigade - if such existed and also 10th Dragoons, the 1st Polish Armoured Division, Polish Army in the West, or Polish Flag representing the Polish Government in exile (in Britain during WW2).

I want to use such as a backdrop to Polish military displays I want to make of the 10th Mounted Rifles/10th Dragoons which my father was a member of during WW2.

I am slowly acquiring Polish military equipment and items for such. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Default re: Reproduction Polish military flags etc

Hi dastier,

I have yet to see any reproduction pre-WW2 military standards. I would imagine that a faithful reproduction could be quite costly.

A quick internet scan came up with this outfit that uses computer technology to produce various flags: About us - sztandar.info A sample of their work posted below.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reproduction Polish military flags etc  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Reproduction Polish military flags etc

Puristic replica of pre war infantry banner made in Poland in few various companies is a total cost of circa 20-25k PLN (around 8000 $) and even that amount of money don't guaranty 100% compatibility with pre war pattern. Main problem is to find proper fabric and any other details, second - to find people who are doing this things like they were done in 30's - without computers, modern machines etc. Most of modern fabrics are not the same as they were used pre war. This is the main problem and most difficult part. Of course it is very easy to buy whole banner made on computer for around 500-1000 USD but this is one big laugh

Those computer generated flags look pretty good. I did a quick check but didn't see any prewar Regimental flags. Maybe I missed them.

Here's a collector's copy of what is supposed to be a 7th Uhlan Regiment flag. Opinions?

Here's a collector's copy of what is supposed to be a 7th Uhlan Regiment flag. Opinions?
    Well ... Below is an original one, it should be easier now to judge on this "collector's copy"

Here’s a genuine looking piece now up for sale on Allegro. According to the seller made in Lwow circa 1920. The bidding reflects the items desirability and rarity:

Sztandar 1920 Zwi

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reproduction Polish military flags etc   Reproduction Polish military flags etc  

Reproduction Polish military flags etc   Reproduction Polish military flags etc  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I hope it will stay in Poland

?

I'm surprised to see such an item put up for sale .......
    Surely this can't be classed as a militaria collectible.

This Standard was the focal point of a Regiment.

The Honour of those who served under this Standard, deserve a place of dignity.

May it's next "guardian" remember this.......

Ad vocem it's not regimental. Strzelec was paramilitary organisation for youngsters mostly.This paramilitary cultural and educational organization was created in 1910 in Luftwaffeów as a legal front of Związek Walki Czynnej, and revived in Poland in 1991 after fall of comunism. Association's mission was training young Poles in military skills. Before World War I, the Riflemen's Association provided military training to over 8,000 people. I belive this banner is from one of regional units of this association. Lwow, Kolomyja and number 49 is characteristic. Reminds me 49th Huculskil Rifle Regiment based in Kolomyja. This unit was a part of famous 11-th Carpathian Infantry Division. I am almost sure that many youngsters were learing their skills in Strzelec in this area. Standard is a great and honorable item, many would sacrifice their lifes for it. It should belong to the museum.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here’s a genuine looking piece now up for sale on Allegro. According to the seller made in Lwow circa 1920. The bidding reflects the items desirability and rarity:

Sztandar 1920 Zwi

Regards,
    Tony
    If its authentic and historic I'm surprised the Polish government or a Polish museum doesn't buy it.

Polish Regimental flags are both works of art and items of honour in my opinion and the originals deserve to be kept in Poland either in a museum or by the regiment they belong to. I would love to own a realistic, properly made copy but would not be able to afford one.

A very moving experience for me was when my father passed away. My father who was a Polish veteran, was a member of both the Polish Canadian Legion and SPK. At his funeral, Legion members not only brought out their Legion flag to honour my father but a beautiful Polish standard just like a Polish regimental flag. It was all red, silver and gold embroidery on a white silk flag. They 'dipped' these to show their respect. It was all very moving. One of the Legion members told me that the Polish standard had been made in Poland during the communist regime and smuggled out.

As to the collector's copy I posted - I was pretty sure that it didn't even come close and was not interested in buying. I posted to get an opinion in case I was wrong. I see quite of few of these so called Polish Regimental flags or pennants up for sale lately. Someone has actually made a bid for this one.