Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???

Article about: I was wondering if anyone knew what this uniform is? I am thinking it is a pre wwi polish uniform. The back of the buttons say M.C. Lilley & Co. Columbus. I will appreciate any help. Tha

?

Default Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???

I was wondering if anyone knew what this uniform is? I am thinking it is a pre wwi polish uniform. The back of the buttons say M.C. Lilley & Co. Columbus. I will appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???   Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???  

Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???   Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???  

Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???  

Default Re: Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???

Based on being US made I would say there’s a possibility of this being a Polish veteran’s association uniform. Many such organization existed in the United States in the 1920’s and afterwards. They were formed by veterans who fought on the respective sides of the partitioning powers that held Poland in bondage for over 120 years. I own such a uniform from a Blue Army veteran who served under General Haller. The collar mounted rank stars remind of the Austro-Hungarian set up, so perhaps this may have a connection to a Pole’s service in the Austrian military prior to Poland’s rebirth in 1918 - ?? Sorry that I can’t offer anything more concrete. Best wishes in your search.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

To add to what Tony mentioned, I did a quick search on M.C. Lilley and Co. and it was an American company based in Columbus Ohio that manufactured swords, uniforms and other items for U.S. academies and organizations (such as the Knights Templar). There's a fair bit about this company on the Internet if you want to follow up.

?

The buttons appear to be identical to the ones I have in my collection that were used on SWAP members uniforms and Haller Legion Veterans.

The only difference being that ones I have are nickel not brass.

Piwo

Quote by Piwo2 View Post
    The buttons appear to be identical to the ones I have in my collection that were used on SWAP members uniforms . . .
    For the benefit of camry, the acronym SWAP = Stowarzyszenie Weteranów Armii Polskiej w Ameryce (Association of Polish Army Veterans in America).

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I really do appreciate all of this help from everyone. I had a strong feeling that this uniform was an organizational uniform and not a military one.

?

Default Re: Pre WW1 Polish Uniform??? Buttons / Guzik

Here are a few photos showing the buttons that were used on Haller legion veterans (SWAP) tunics in the US
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???   Pre WW1 Polish Uniform???