Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...

Article about: There were 258 crosses made. However some veterans felt that there were People that had been helping to take care of them decided that these people should also be awarded that medal. List of

Default 1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...

Picked this one up recently ....
    seems its pretty scarce ???
    "This is one of the rarest Polish medals. This cross is a special decoration awarded to veterans from the Warsaw Russia / Russian riot mutiny that took place in 1863. All these veteran crosses are sterling silver and enamel and ALL are NUMBERED. This one is No. 46. ONLY 258 MEDALS WERE AWARDED in 1933 on a special ceremony to commemorate the Royal period riot / revolution. Scarce and extremely rare authentic collector item."
    cheers
    steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...   1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...  

Default Re: 1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...

Hi Steve, thanks for your post, especially for the historical information about this commemorative decoration. Please note that the one you have pictured is a copy.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi ,
    I am surprised at that as it was aquired from a reputable source.Have you a real one to compare it with as i have only seen two of these .Would love to see the real thing.
    Thanks
    Steve

Hi Steve,

These are often confused for original crosses. The number stamped in the reverse further clouds the issue.

Genuine crosses did not have enamel in the center disc. Only the cross arms were enameled in black. The reverse was serial numbered, although in a different font than the one on your copy.

I’m away from my information sources at the moment, but will post some pics later today when back at home.

Regards,
    Tony

PS also, the ribbon on your cross is incorrect. It belongs on the 1939 War of Defense commemmorative medal.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi again Steve, as promised , some pictures of genuine examples. These pictures are taken from past auctions. List and hammer prices ranged between $1400 to $3300 US for the one with the document set.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...   1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...  

1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...   1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...  

Attached Images Attached Images 1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...  1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross... 

1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...Here is a book that was given along with the medal. It is called : "Living Heroic Monuments. Last from the year 1863. "
    Every medal recipient was given one for free along with the medal. Fairly uncommon book, not sure how many were printed.

1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...
    The beginning pages showing veterans with Polish President in 1932 and one with Marshal Jozef Pilsudski in 1933.

1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...
    Bio's and pictures of living veterans.

1863/1933 veterans Russian mutiny cross...
    On this page the books previous caretaker had glued in some later pictures of a veteran, taken in 1934 in Krakow, in Military Hospital Nr 5.

Itakdalej, many thanks for adding this to the thread. Really a fantastic item, and a treat to see!

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast