Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31

Article about: Hello all, In an effort to reach the minimum 15 posts to remove that “watermark” obscuring the complete viewing of photos on this site, and partially due to boredom on a Friday night . . . h

Default Re: My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Re the wz 50/31 shells.

I think the resistance kept them in a special location/factory somewhere.Wz 19 uniforms were very common in 1939 but yet you never see photos of the resistance wearing them,there all in wz 36 uniforms (not including those in German British etc uniforms)I think the resistance kept those in special spots to be used for later.Nothing official just a thought.
    Hi again Emil,

I appreciate your thoughts. Perhaps the resistance was involved. Nonetheless, I really would like to see something more concrete and away from the realm of speculation. Eventually this mystery will be solved. Maybe you’ll be the one to find the missing link . . so keep on hunting!

Cheers,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

I will
    Maybe a wz 31 as a prize will follow

?

Nice topic guys! I am from Poland and there are always some wz 31 on our local ebay called Allegro. if you have any questions just ask

Cheers

3mk
    ?

Indeed I glance through allegro for the fun of it even know Im not going to buy something!

3mk
    ?

Hey guys,
    I have a chance of buying a wz.31/50 helmet at a low price,If I do buy it do you think I should restore it back into its glory days of being a wz.31 with ``Salamandra`` paint?Or should I keep it as is?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

as is

Emil, keep it as is. A put together wz.31 is good only for reenactors, nothing more. And to create a convincing one is no easy task.

Invest your time, effort and money in locating a good original wz.31. Be patient and a good one will come your way eventually. Also, stock original wz.31/50 helmets in good condition are steadily increasing in value.

Regards,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Ill take your word for it Tony,But I might buy this one as this is a VERY low price for a wz.31/50 helmet.I hope you had a Great Wigilia and Christmas, any militaria related gifts??
    Most of mine are still coming in the mail.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    . . . I might buy this one as this is a VERY low price for a wz.31/50 helmet.I hope you had a Great Wigilia and Christmas, any militaria related gifts??
    Clean original wz.31/50’s are in the $100 - $150 US range now. So if you can pick one up for much less it maybe a worthwhile investment. Be sure to post pics here before buying.

Christmas has been great, thanks. But I’ll need to hit the gym a little harder come January. My wife makes killer kapusta pierogis smothered in bacon and onions, and you can bet I had more than my fair share washed down with a variety of tasty beverages not known to shrink the waistline.

No militaria under the Christmas tree. And that’s fine with me. I could not ask for more than time together with my family and friends along with seeing the smiles on my kids faces when they opened their gifts. But Santa did deliver a small item via the post office earlier in the week . . . pre-war Ministerstwo Spraw Wojskowych (M.S.Wojsk. = Ministry of Military Affairs) pocket watch. These were issued in a limited run in 1934 and 1936. This is the 1936 model. Some poor pics (sorry) posted below.

Cheers,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31   My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31  

My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31  

3mk
    ?

Hopefully I win it.
    Well thats good that you had a great Christmas I didnt get no militaria presents under the tree,but I think Santa had a few delays at the post office.First time seeing a Polish pre-war pocket watch looks nice and in great condition.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast