Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31

Article about: Hello all, In an effort to reach the minimum 15 posts to remove that “watermark” obscuring the complete viewing of photos on this site, and partially due to boredom on a Friday night . . . h

Default Re: My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31

Yes, so do I. I’ll keep digging, and you do too! ‘Many hands make light work’

Thanks for the link to that collection display thread. I wasn’t aware of it, but look forward to checking it out. Unfortunately I haven’t had the time lately to stay on top of the goings on here or the other forums I visit.

Regards,
    Tony

?

how much is the price for an helmet: rusty , no liner , no original paint . ??

3mk
    ?

If you find it yourself its free
    I dont know how much they go around you should ask A.j. Zawadzki

?

in my country I dont find a polish helmet . only dutch (romanian model)from ww2 era, german helmet and russian helmet too

3mk
    ?

Do you have any relatives in Poland they might be able to help.On ebay try looking for a wz 50 Polish helmet they use the original shell and you can get someone to paint it with the ``salamandra`` paint

?

I m from Romania , ,,,,

Quote by ZERO View Post
    how much is the price for an helmet: rusty , no liner , no original paint . ??
    wz.31's in this condition are actually quite common in Poland and are regularly listed on Allegro. As you would expect, prices depend on condition. Beaters can be had for $25US. You can also find restored ones, and even the odd nice original example. Here are two current auctions:

refurbished:
    http://www.allegro.pl/item603993359_...alamandra.html

ready to restore:
    http://www.allegro.pl/item601314441_...ski_wz_31.html

But be careful as it is not legal to export these from Poland, no matter how poor the condition is.

Regards,
    Tony

?

$ 25 us is an good price but how I buy this helmet ?

Quote by ZERO View Post
    $ 25 us is an good price but how I buy this helmet ?
    But for that money you’ll get what you paid for – something in very poor condition. Speaking from experience, if you are like most collectors you will want as good an example as possible. So a little patience to await one with original paint and even a liner is advisable. You’ll never regret it.

To buy one you’ll either need to register on Allegro, or take a road trip to one of the larger swap meets in Poland. That way you’ll be able to take it home with you. But be careful as you’re passing through any Polish border checkpoints (if they still have these in the EU). I don’t think the export restrictions are lifted if the item being taken out is a rusty relic. The law is the law – any items dating to before 1956 are prohibited from export without first advising the authorities.

Good luck!

Tony

3mk
    ?

Re the wz 50/31 shells.

I think the resistance kept them in a special location/factory somewhere.Wz 19 uniforms were very common in 1939 but yet you never see photos of the resistance wearing them,there all in wz 36 uniforms (not including those in German British etc uniforms)I think the resistance kept those in special spots to be used for later.Nothing official just a thought.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast