Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1918 Polish Central Rescue Comm Poster

Article about: I received this poster (11.5 in x 15 in) as part of an estate from Chicago USA. I believe it is a WWI Polish Central Rescue Committee poster, and has a postage stamp style coupon glued on it

?

Default 1918 Polish Central Rescue Comm Poster

I received this poster (11.5 in x 15 in) as part of an estate from Chicago USA. I believe it is a WWI Polish Central Rescue Committee poster, and has a postage stamp style coupon glued on it, in the amount of "2 dol" . The drawing is signed " W T Benda" and shows a military unit advancing under the watch of a glowing Madonna and child. Does anyone know anything about these war stamp style posters or this one in particular?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1918 Polish Central Rescue Comm Poster  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: 1918 Polish Central Rescue Comm Poster

Welcome to the forum!
    Things like this were common during World War 1 so that Poles in America would join the Haller Army.W T Benda was a famous artist who made such posters I think.
    How much are they asking for it??
    Thanks

?

Hi Emil, thanks for the welcome. Militaria is not my area of interest, so I haven't been able to determine a value for the item. My client is looking for fair dealer value, not full retail, as their interest is in liquidating stuff. I'm pretty sure a fair offer from a reputable collector/dealer would be considered.Item is in the USA. Best wishes!

sabar
    ?

i have the same poster been looking for info and value on it for 2 years mine looks the same but its in a frame so if anyone can give detailed info on this poster that would be great tx

The National Department of the Polish Central Rescue Committee issued these in recognition of a donation. Funds were being collected at the time to support the national independence effort in Poland and the armed forces being assembled to establish that independence. This particular individual donated 2 dollars. For those interested that’s the equivalent of $29 today.

There were several US patriotic organizations that were working to assist the independence efforts in Poland during and following WW1, and several issued similar such documents. This is probably the most commonly seen type. They typically fetch around $60 - $90, depending on condition. This one has been trimmed, which is a likely indication that it was removed from a frame. Consequently the value is diminished.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Totally forgot about this item. Have no idea of it's value, and it is not in my collecting area. Listed it today on eBay with shipping world wide and an opening bid of USD 9.99. Listing is under this description:

WWI era Poland Polish Haller Army original poster Benda

Item number: 120675057000 on eBay

Feel free to correspond, or ask for more pictures-anything to assist you. Best wishes, Bill

Hi Bill,

I am most impressed with the wonderful item description!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

sabar
    ?

Tx for your help if i find good stuff ill post it

?

Tony,
    I'm sure part of the description had a familiar ring to it--I'm indebted to your knowledge. Thanks, and best wishes, Bill

?

Hi, Sabar,
    I listed some info on the poster on ebay, hope that gives you some links and help. Best wishes, Bill