Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

6 Batalion Telegraficzny Jaroslaw .....help please

Article about: Good day. I'm trying to learn more about 6 Telegraph Battalion that was based in Jaroslaw up to 1939. My uncle was a corporal and driver mechanic in this unit. Have gathered a little informa

Default 6 Batalion Telegraficzny Jaroslaw .....help please

Good day. I'm trying to learn more about 6 Telegraph Battalion that was based in Jaroslaw up to 1939. My uncle was a corporal and driver mechanic in this unit. Have gathered a little information and was wondering if someone has more data regarding, photos, operations, uniform, equipment, history, anything? It would give me a better sense of context of his early life in the Polish army. Here is what I currently know:

Unit badge, see image (web copy).

Found an online site covering the Sept mobilization, it showed a unit breakdown covering all the 6 Telegraph Battalion's various platoons and companies etc.

From a Polish publication titled WYBRANE ZAGADNIENIA LACZNOSCI ARMII II RZECZYPOSPOLITEJ there is a reference to the unit's difficulties moving north to join the "Prusy" army. After five days of starts and stops trying to move from Jaroslaw to Rzeszow they ended up in Sandomierz. The "Prusy" army was a reserve force for the armies Lodz and Krakow (Wikipedia)

From a short online biography of a former soldier of 6 Telegraph Battalion there is mention of his unit (which ever platoon or company he was attached to?) having fought at Nowego Sacza, Jasla, Lwowa, Stanislawowa and capture at Lezajskiem. Not suggesting the entire battalion fought in these places, it was likely fractured due to the chaos of the invasion.

Does anyone know which other military units were stationed in Jaroslaw from 1925 to 1939?

Thanks in advance and for your patience

Chris.............
    Attached Images Attached Images 6 Batalion Telegraficzny Jaroslaw .....help please 

?

Default Re: 6 Batalion Telegraficzny Jaroslaw .....help please

24 pułk artylerii lekkiej (24th Light Artillery Regiment), 3 pułk piechoty legionów (3rd Legionnaire Infantry Regiment) and 39 pułk piechoty Strzelców Lwowskich (39th Lvovian Rifles Infantry Regiment) also used to station in Jarosław.

There's a new publication regarding 5, 6 and 7 batalion telegraficzny in the Zarys historii wojennej pułków polskich w Kampanii Wrześniowej series available (eg. here). Probably not that much there - only 64 pages about 3 battalions - and all of them in Polish. But nevertheless something. I myself haven't read it yet - could have a look at it in bookstore this weekend.

Here's a link to nice site devoted to Polish army radio, telephone and telegraph equipment. In Polish only.

Hope this helps,
    MJU

Hey Jung!

Thanks for the list of regiments, where did you find them? That book sounds interesting and should help a lot, and thanks for the link too it's very informative.

Chris..............

?

Hello Chris,

I found these regiments in Sawicki & Wielechowski's book on Polish regimental badges - there's such an information for each of regiment.

I've just also looked into Smutny wrzesień by Eugeniusz Buczyński. He was a commander of regimental liaison platoon of 39 pułk piechoty Strzelców Lwowskich during September 1939. He also mentions, that also 10 dywizjon artylerii konnej (10th Horse Artillery Battalion), dowództwo 24 Dywizji Piechoty (headquater of 24th Infantry Division) and several other smaller units stationed in Jarosław before the war.

Regards,
    MJU

Quote by Jung View Post
    Hello Chris,

I found these regiments in Sawicki & Wielechowski's book on Polish regimental badges - there's such an information for each of regiment.

I've just also looked into Smutny wrzesień by Eugeniusz Buczyński. He was a commander of regimental liaison platoon of 39 pułk piechoty Strzelców Lwowskich during September 1939. He also mentions, that also 10 dywizjon artylerii konnej (10th Horse Artillery Battalion), dowództwo 24 Dywizji Piechoty (headquater of 24th Infantry Division) and several other smaller units stationed in Jarosław before the war.

Regards,
    MJU
    Any mention of who was in command of 6 Telegraph Battalion in September 1939?
    Regards
    Chris................

?

Sorry, there's no such information there.

Regards,
    MJU

Thanks for looking Jung
    Chris.................