Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

76th Infantry Regiment Breast Badge

Article about: Good day I believe this to be a breast badge for the 76th Infantry. Am I correct and is it the real thing? The chain that has been attached to the front is a bit of a puzzle. It is clearly a

Default 76th Infantry Regiment Breast Badge

Good day

I believe this to be a breast badge for the 76th Infantry. Am I correct and is it the real thing? The chain that has been attached to the front is a bit of a puzzle. It is clearly a later addition and you can see the solder - I wonder why?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 76th Infantry Regiment Breast Badge   76th Infantry Regiment Breast Badge  

Hi James,

Correct, the 76th “Lidzki” Infantry Regiment. Similar to the 55th Infantry Regiment badge, the broken chains are symbolic of Poland being freed from its restraints during the 123 years of partition between Prussia, the Austrian Empire, and the Russian Empire.

The badge you’ve pictured is a modern copy.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi James,

Correct, the 76th “Lidzki” Infantry Regiment. Similar to the 55th Infantry Regiment badge, the broken chains are symbolic of Poland being freed from its restraints during the 123 years of partition between Prussia, the Austrian Empire, and the Russian Empire.

The badge you’ve pictured is a modern copy.

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony, Thanks for your reply and the explanation about the chain.

James

Hello James,

Teodor Filipski was the maker of the Badge for the 76th Infantry Regiment, here are some photographs from the internet :

click to enlarge the photographs

Best wishes

Andrzej