Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Hi Tony.Just some more photos so everyone can see the badge.And as I've asked : were they numbered or was the number engraved by the owner?

PS.I guess that buying original Nagalski spinner to this badge will be good decision ?

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Thanks for posting the pics that I was unable to (and only just realized)!

As far as serial numbering, all I can say is that stamped numbers are the more common method of numbering the badge at time of production. Engraved numbers are an indication that the owner could have had this done after receipt of the badge. Perhaps other members can elaborate further.

Thanks again for your post.

Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

DaBear
    ?

This is a great thread, and with the never ending, and increasing, flood of decent fakes, it will be centre of this website.

I have more than 15 minutes to myself this weekend, so I will be picking everyone's brains with my collection. I have a few nice pieces, but I know I have more than a few fakes/ copies.

See you then!

Hello DaBear and welcome to the forum!

We look forward to seeing your collection and having you pick our brains.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Great to have new member

By the way I think that this "Star of Przemyśl" is good( or maybe I'm wrong.Am I?) but what about the ribbon?Know that this is in the right colours but is that original example or just replacement modern ribbon?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

any comment?anyone?

Hello SF,

Przemyśl Stars are copied (surprise surprise) and some are very well done with the serial number and maker marks reproduced convincingly. A telltale giveaway is that they are cast in a white metal alloy and therefore they will not have the brass substrate show-through that most original examples exhibit.

Overall looks this one looks OK, although the only way determine authenticity would be to actually handle and inspect this star. I’d be much more comfortable seeing some of the brass showing through the silver plating which is very characteristic for these stars.

The ribbon is a replacement. Original issue ribbons consisted of the red center section sewn onto a slightly wider white backing. This one does look like a pre-war replacement as it has correct fabric weave, width and pattern.

Anyway you slice it, it’s a risky purchase.

Cheers,
    Tony

Interesting piece on the market- can it be real?

II RP Krzy? Wi??nia Ideowego (1156605449) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

hi, is KW good? thanks
    Mariusz

3mk
    ?

It looks good to me

But like always, lets see if a acual expert can comment on it

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast