Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

No problems here, and a nice low number. Good find!

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    hi, is KW good? thanks
    Mariusz
    Agreed with Jazzy and 3mk. Thumbs up on this one

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Many thanks Semper!

This is a very nice looking set, and congratulations on your acquisition.

But I still have lingering doubts that the case originally accompanied the group. It does not have the appearance of the pre-war issue cases known to accompany the higher decorations and badges. This is certainly fertile territory for a new discussion thread as cased decorations have a special attraction for collectors. Any takers?

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony

Cased decorations are also of an interest to me has anyone taken you up on starting a new thread. iwould be happy to oblige! Rob

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Hi Tony

Cased decorations are also of an interest to me has anyone taken you up on starting a new thread. iwould be happy to oblige! Rob
    Thus far no takers. So please feel free to get the ball rolling for us Robert!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Smile Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Okay here we go item number one:

A WW2 Spink Silver Cross of Merit medal in its original case. The case has a velveteen moulded lining and is generally more deluxe than its counterpart the bronze Cross of merit. The silk lined top half of the case bears th ename of the manufacturer. More pictures once dawn breaks
    This particular exampleAttachment 154827 belonged to W. Samira Lt. Colonel 4th Scorpions.

3mk
    ?

Nice Cross and presentation box Robert

There are a couple of badges being posted on ebay and listed as original but are completly fake.
    These are most likely Panasiuk replicas which have been engraved with a serial number and matched up with a different fake spinner.
    The give aways are the sloppy enamel and engraving, The W.Gontarczyk spinner is also fake as the C and Z are touching.On original spinners all the letters are seperated.

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

At long last the Chinese have bestowed the dubious honour of assigning a production line to the wz.34 Ludwikowka. You know, for 120 bucks it actually not all that bad. They paid attention to many of the small but important details, even though they are crudely executed. Any bets as to when we’ll see the first one of these knock offs crop up as “100% original” on the marketplace?

Regards,
    Tony

HAND-MADE RARE POLISH MILITARY SWORD K-222 on eBay.ca (item 120644201403 end time 21-Nov-10 14:12:48 EST)

. . . and they even offer a 'Two for One' special ! Get 'em while they last . . .

2PCS HAND-MADE RARE POLISH MILITARY SWORD K-223 on eBay.ca (item 120647833990 end time 18-Nov-10 09:51:45 EST)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

3mk
    ?

Cant wait to see what stories sellers will tell to convince buyers they`re orginal sabers.

Ladies and gents,

Here’s a stinker worth putting up as a good example of an attempt at passing off a recently made rogatywka as pre-WW2 vintage. I've seen this trick tried more than once, and here's a textbook case study:

original Polish Pre-War NCO's Rogatywka (Visor) - eBay (item 300511178066 end time Jan-11-11 19:54:01 PST)

Looking beyond the application of grime and some roughing up, in the seller’s words: “ . . . giving the hat character . . . “ this one’s bad to the bone.

“ . . . the crowned eagle affixed to the front of the hat shows oxidization. . .” to which I’ll add ‘which is quite interesting considering it is a modern M1993 pattern eagle badge that’s really not that old’.

Another thing to watch for with these is the perforated sweatband. This is a characteristic trait of the Modus brand, maker of Polish army caps for at least the last 3 decades.

That’s about all for now boys and girls. Be careful out there . . .

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

I wanted to add that I had contacted the seller and politely informed him about this item. It is entirely possible that he has listed it honestly thinking it is a genuine piece. Thus far the listing remains unedited. T+ 24hours . . .

Regards,
    T.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast