Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Hello Pawel,

Both appear genuine 2nd Republic era. The Jan Knedler made cross has a replacement ribbon. The Cross of Independence has a correct period ribbon.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony. Appreciate it.
    Pawel.

?

Hello,
    I was just wondering why people are so crazy about this holster? In my opinion this is not a genuine vis holster
    Polish Radom VIS Holster rare !! | eBay

I agree with you Hubal, it is a fake. Before replying further I am posting the auction pics so that they remain a permanent record after the auction link dies.
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Now here is a current auction now running on Allegro for another fake with the same bogus stamps in the inside of the flap. Take note of the same backgrounds and lighting. Coincidence?? Pictures below.

POLSKI VIS -KABURA. (2065150151) - Allegro.pl - Wi

As mentioned in another holster thread here, always looks for the contact marks where the inside of the holster rubs up against the pistol surfaces. These are very characteristic marks that are one positive indicator of authenticity. These marks are absent on both of these holsters. There are other problems as well (incorrect rivet heads, D-rings, etc). Having said that, these are deceptive pieces that can easily fool any novice, and indeed both auctions are drawing multiple bids.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Hello guys, just joined to you. Let me shortly introduce. My name is Tom, I live in Poland and I'm also Polish pre-war items collector. what is nice and captivating on this forum - solid knowledge and...culture of debate. I hope I will be able also to help you in some discussions.
    Please note, I'm not fluent in English so forgive me mistakes.
    Returning to the topic - empire strikes back: this is this same kind of fake as above.Twice in last month.
    VIS-KABURA. (2289793023) - Allegro.pl - Wi
    VIS-KABURA (2372186397) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Well, here you can find probably the good one (probably because I never confirm on the pictures base in 100%, for such money have to "take in hand"). Reserve not met!
    kabura vis + wycior (2239260586) - Allegro.pl - Wi

cheers

Witaj Tom, welcome to the forum. Your English is very good, no worries. I'll post the pictures from the auctions you've cited so that they become a permanent record on this thread. First, the fake, which is from the same producer as the one posted earlier:

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

I'm wondering if we should have a sticky about known fakes so as to be a resource for collectors? I suggest for all faked or replica items from holsters to badges. Also the identifying characteristics as to why it is a fake or replica and not the real item.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Andrzej,

Please note that this is an English language forum.

In response to your comments, assuming they are intended seriously, this forum exists in part to assist collectors in their research for the safe acquisition of genuine historical military artifacts and in their preservation. But at the same we strive to deepen the awareness, expand the knowledge, and provide a greater appreciation of the sacrifices and heroic efforts of the Poles that fought and died in defense of the freedom of their homeland and others and in doing so played a vital role in 20th century military history.

You are sadly mistaken by suggesting that we focus on the money aspect of the hobby and neglect respecting what it is these items represent. I recommend that you take some time to read through some of the many threads across the four sections of our forum and welcome you to join us in the spirit of what this forum is really about.

Regards,
    Tony
    Quote by Gary J View Post
    Andrzej,
    Also remember, many members here are the sons of the Poles who fought in exile for their motherland, ... and were forgotten as traitors for countless years ....
    Why only now do you wish to remember their total forgotten loyalty ?

"Our" memories of these brave souls mean more than money !!! We knew them ! .. remember that !

Gary J.

Tony, Gary,

Well said by both of you!

If these forums were just about collecting then I wouldn't be participating. Most of what are collected here are beyond my financial means.

I participate to share what I know and learn what I don't.

Unfortunately in last two decades great amount of good copies were produced, many of them still travels all around the globe. With years passing by they get older, worn (specialy those used in re-enactment) and look older and more trustworthy. Difficult case with those holsters, most are counterfeits. Especially those occurring on the auctions. I'm seeking my Vis holster since at least 5 years and still no success

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast