Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Hi all,

I've just came across this silver Cross of Merit. It looks like it has been produced by Gontarczyk, however this example has got a red center which is very unusual. Any thoughts?

regards

Well that's a puzzle. Surprisingly the Zbigniew Krotke reference does not list this one. I agree that it looks like a Gontarczyk product. Very unusual cross. I'll keep on the lookout for information.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for that. I've also looked in the Krotke's book and found nothing there... The ribbon looks for me as it would be from 1944-1952 period... Still a puzzle
    regards
    Michael

?

Hello
    Please help in the confirmation of the originality of the badge 53 PP.
    With all due thanks.
    Regards
    Darek

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Hi Darek and welcome to the forum. The badge is a copy in my opinion. Attached below is a genuine enameled officer grade badge. The only known producer of officer grade badges was Michrowski.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Thanks for the reply Tony. He is interested in the Polish army badges instead of the 2 RP. These badges searches flea markets and on internet portals. I am very pleased to be accepted into the community of your forum.
    According to the book "Badge of the Polish Army 1918-1945," Sawicki, Wielichowski variety badges were made ​​in 53 pp tombaku silver plated, without signatures.
    I have the opportunity to purchase a number of badges, but do not want to buy a copy.
    Please confirm the authenticity of even a single badge, screw not original.
    Regards
    DarekAuction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Hi again Darek, The Śzkoła Gazowa badge is a definite rarity. The one you've pictured has potential, but would need a close manual inspection. It appears that there may be some surviving traces of gold gilt in the crown. Posted below is a Michrowski product that was on the market back in 2005. Also posted is some information taken from the fine W. Moś / W. Soszyński reference. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

?

Hello Everyone
    In my opinion it is a beautifuly designed badge Your's one is unfortunatelly old copy.

?

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    Hello Everyone
    In my opinion it is a beautifuly designed badge Your's one is unfortunatelly old copy.
    Why do you think?
    I think it looks good. Naturally screw is non-genuine. The appearance of an eagle, and the method of attachment appears to be original. Badge of the two-piece made ​​of silver-plated tombaku.

Quote by darco View Post
    Why do you think?. . . .
    Hi Simon, please share your observations with us.

On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but I hesitate to kick it to the curb quite yet as wear (and other factors) can distort how details appear in a photograph.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast