Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

?

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Simon, please share your observations with us.

On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but I hesitate to kick it to the curb quite yet as wear (and other factors) can distort how details appear in a photograph.

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Guys,
    That's exactly why I think it is a copy. The devil is in details. Small differences in eagle's feathers, talons, beak, crown, bullet and surrounding it ornaments. Enamel has a lot of impurities. Unless there was other manufacturer then Michrowski of this particular badge, for me it appears a copy. It dosen't look at all as Michrowski's product, and I don't think he changed his dies after all. I wouldn't buy it before closely examine it.
    Sincerely,
    Simon

jbk
    ?

Hi,

May I say, the officers rank (star) looks not polish to me. I hope I managed to upload the picture. Below:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._of_Poland.svg

?

Hello!
    What do you think of this badge?
    original? what manufacturer?
    I greet
    Darco
    Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

?

Hello!
    What do you think about this badge 18 Lancers? Is it original?
    Thank you for the information.
    I greet
    Darco

Hi Darco,

The 18PU is a copy. The 20PU badge / star combination posted earlier is also a copy-fantasy creation.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Darco - while I agree with Tony that the star/badge combination is not Polish, and it might yet be a fantasy piece, it does appear similar to a Norwegian award.

White, red, and blue are Norwegian colours. Try posting it elsewhere.

Quote by dastier View Post
    Darco - while I agree with Tony that the star/badge combination is not Polish, . . .
    Mike, I did not say it was not Polish. Read again - it is the badge of the 20 Pułk Ułanów. Someone got crafty and mounted the badge to a breast star backing, which I must admit fits quite well. I recall seeing the auction run its course, and the low bidding indicated that not many were fooled.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Mike, I did not say it was not Polish. Read again - it is the badge of the 20 Pułk Ułanów. Someone got crafty and mounted the badge to a breast star backing, which I must admit fits quite well. I recall seeing the auction run its course, and the low bidding indicated that not many were fooled.

Cheers,
    Tony
    I agree the two do fit very well! Are both elements "fake"? I would quite like to purchase a copy of the breast star for a project I have in mind if anyone has a source for these repros?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Sorry Tony, I did not realize you meant that it was a fake/fantasy Polish award. I'm not familiar with the 20th PU badge. The star/badge combination reminded me somewhat of the Star of St. Olaf.

No worries Mike

Stefan, the badge itself is a modern copy, but as far as the backing star it may be an original piece pilfered from a foreign decoration -?? I don't know.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast