Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

Guys what do you think. This is on Allegro at the moment. Is it a fake? Shouldn't it have a circular element at the join on the two cannons? It's over 1000zl already. It doesn't look right to me, could be wrong tho.

Regards
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

?

Hello All,

What's your take on this 70PP other ranks badge?

Cheers,

Brandon

Brandon, badge looks OK to me. Has the correct serial number font for ones in this number range. It's one of the non-maker marked later stampings. Earlier production badges were marked at the 6 o'clock position A.Nagalski with Warszawa below the name. It would be nice to see the reverse without the spinner, although nothing I see form these pics causes me to question authenticity.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Tony's right...
    It would be great to see reverse side of the badge...
    Here's mine to compare:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

?

Hello Gents,

Additional photos attached - looks good to me.

The asking price is 600zl (~200 USD). Seems about right, no?

Cheers,

Brandon

No visible problems at all. The asking price is in the ballpark for a 70PP OR badge in this condition. Offer 500zl and maybe they'll bite.

Best wishes,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Here’s my 70PP, with maker name. Based on the lower serial numbers found with these maker marked versions I am presuming it is of earlier production.

Cheers,
    Tony

Hello my friends,

Regarding the badge of the 70th Infantry Regiment we can find two versions of this non-officer variant. I have seen many badges of this regiment previously and now checking my sources and my collection I have the hypothesis, which is open for the discussion:

In my opinion the earlier version of this badge is this one with the balls on the leaves between the arms of the cross and the Nagalski mark on the reverse in the lower arm of the cross. All these variants have lower numbers (up to about 1200-1500) (Panel A from the picture).

The second version (probably the later one) is without the balls between arms and without the Nagalski mark on the reverse with higher numbers (above 1500, for sure above 2000) (Panel B from the picture).

Please find below the visualization of this hypothesis:

What do you think about this hypothesis???

Cheers,
    Jacek

Hi Jacek,

Interesting study. Thanks for your efforts. I'd agree that the non-maker marked badges are likely later production. I wonder why the laurel drupes were dropped from the design - ??

Here's an image from a past auction of the officer grade version, this one with a low serial number.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Hello All,

What's your take on the attached 40 PP? What is the going rate for an officer version? Have not been able to find out listed previously.

Cheers,

B

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast