Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

As Micheal,Very nice uniform!Do you have any other pre-war uniforms??

Hello!

Now i don't have pre war uniforms, i sold everything from pre war uniforms and hats year ago. I had one wardrobe from this subject, but i needed some money.

Regards

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    Regarding my previous entry...OK so now I have pics to post. Any opinions on this ultra-rare piece?? Looks to be in REALLy good shape. but I'll still pass, thanks very much.
    Hi i have been driving myself crazy and one other, poor sod, in trying to get my head around Polish combat helmets especially the Adrian M 15. Attached is a pick of one i'm following with interest.
    Ivan are you able to identify this as genuine and if so what should one be looking for.

3mk
    ?

The interesting things about that one is that Its now a m15 Its a Norwegian helmet with Polish markings, A very small amount of Norwegian helmets made their way to Poland during the Polish-Soviet war.

Hi Emil,

Thats an interesting observation why would you think that this is a Norwegian helmet?
    Can anyone else comment?

3mk
    ?

Hey Robert,
    On the top of the helmet its just a little spike (Not sure if thats the right word?) compare the top piece to this Adrian m15.
    Hope I helped

Regards
    Emil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

3mk
    ?

Collectings been a little slow for me recently (I didnt pick up a item i a couple of weeks!).I found these items and was wondering about there orginality.

1st we have a Cross Of Valor the seller says its a ground dug example.It looks good to me, But i rather be safe then sorry!

2 We have a Cross of Independence with swords Im 99% sure that the swords on the cross are fake, But Ive heard of people putting fake swords on orginal cross`s can anyone comment on the cross?It looks a bit sloppy but that might be from the camera.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

Emil, the Cross of Independence is entirely a reproduction. The Cross of Valour looks genuine, but is a very weak example. From experience I'll say that neither piece is one that will form a permanent part of your collection. So don't waste your time and effort. It's best to remain patient for the right ones to come along. Eventually they will.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

Hey Tony,
    Thanks for the advice, I might think of buying the cross of valor but I wont be spending too much.This piece caught my eye as its ground dug and as you know VM`s and KW`s were required to be worn at all times, It makes me wonder when did the recipient lose his?

Thanks again

Regards
    Emil

Quote by 3mk View Post
    . . . It makes me wonder when did the recipient lose his?
    Yes, many times I have wished that these things could talk.

The seller of the cross hints at it possibly belonding to an NKVD victim. If it can be verified that this cross was found at one of the killing sites then this could be possible, although I am skeptical as these sites are not open to metal detecting hobbyists or other such scavengers as far as I know.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast