Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

3mk
    ?

Default Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Hey guys,
    I made a thread for II RP items because if we all post our items in the exile one it will become very long and hard to use if you want to compare your items to others.

Heres one Im wondering about looks rather new but I havent seen much fakes with numbering
    Polish 1920 Cross of Valor Poland medal WWI Numbered on eBay.ca (item 180449033978 end time 30-Dec-09 14:50:24 EST)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Good idea for a thread Emil. I was considering starting such a thread, but you beat me to the punch. I've made it a sticky for continued use and reference.

Regards,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Now you Exile guys can have your own party there without me runing it
    Now back to the cross anyone wanna comment on it?Ive been looking for a good Cross of Valor and stumbbled on this one,Looks rather new Ill try comparing it to some on the pre-war Cross of Valor thread

3mk
    ?

Few observations I made
    The ones in the other thread have a lines pattern in the backround behinde the eagle and the eagle center piece is bigger,But since there were many varients I dont think Ill let this one go so Ill wait till someone with more expertise comments on it

Emil, this is some sort of weird copy cast in white metal. As you know the Cross of Valour is supposed to be made of copper alloy (bronze/ brass). Leave this one alone.

T.

3mk
    ?

Thanks Tony
    That was one of the parts that worried me the weird metal.
    Well the search goes on for the ``perfect`` Cross of Valor

Quote by 3mk View Post
    . . . Well the search goes on for the ``perfect`` Cross of Valor
    Are you looking for anything specific - IIRP, PSZnZ?

T.

3mk
    ?

Hey Tony
    Anything as long as its not a fake,modern or post war,In other words Im looking for pre-war and exile examples

3mk
    ?

I seen this on ebay,
    The Proffesor made a mistake and made the starting bid $10.6 (ten dollars and 6 cents)instead of $106.00 (One hundred and six dollars) like the rest of his badges.I was watching for the fun of it and Im just wondering is the badge original?If it turns out to be the buyer most be one happy man!
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

3mk
    ?

Ive been offered this for $85 is this pre-war or a post-war??One of my concerns is that I cant see if its a closed collar or a modified open collar,and also whats up with the strange patches on the collar?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast