Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Badge 8 Pułk Ułanów ks.Józefa Poniatowskiego

Article about: Hi Darek, I didn't wanna mislead you as I wasn't sure if it was original or not. I have seen modern copies of this badge that were much more crude and of lesser quality than the one you post

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Badge 8 Pułk Ułanów ks.Józefa Poniatowskiego

Hi Darek,

I didn't wanna mislead you as I wasn't sure if it was original or not. I have seen modern copies of this badge that were much more crude and of lesser quality than the one you posted. Rereading my post I think I was a bit misleading Sorry about that! I'm glad Tony confirmed that it is indeed a reproduction though

Quote by darco View Post
    Hello Tony!
    I have in my collection also 100% original badges.
    I greet
    Darek

Could you tell us more about this badge. What do the small symbols represent on the background enamel? (3/horn and what appears to be a falcon holding a barbell, which reminds me of the 'Sokol' emblem).

Thanks.

?

Quote by dastier View Post
    Could you tell us more about this badge. What do the small symbols represent on the background enamel? (3/horn and what appears to be a falcon holding a barbell, which reminds me of the 'Sokol' emblem).

Thanks.
    Hi, dastier
    You're right - on the left side of the emblem of the Gymnastic Society "Sokół",on the right side of the emblem three Polish Rifle Regiment in France.
    I greet
    Darek

So what is the significance of both? I'm guessing the 3rd Rifle Regiment in France refers to Poles enlisted/fighting on the Western Front in perhaps Haller's Blue Army. But what is the "Sokół" connection?

?

So what is the significance of both? I'm guessing the 3rd Rifle Regiment in France refers to Poles enlisted/fighting on the Western Front in perhaps Haller's Blue Army. But what is the "Sokół" connection?
    Hi, dastier!
    Polish Gymnastic Society "Sokół", is associated with the national movement, and Polish history.
    I greet
    Darek

Sokó

Thanks Darco. Do you have any links about the Sokół organization in Poland during the partitions or 2nd Republic? (information in English please as I don't speak or read Polish)

I posted a thread previously about some Sokół belt buckles that I have but know little about.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...ic-era-183230/

Wesolych Swiat!
    Last edited by dastier; 12-25-2012 at 12:37 AM.

?

Thanks Darco. Do you have any links about the Sokół organization in Poland during the partitions or 2nd Republic? (information in English please as I don't speak or read Polish)

I posted a thread previously about some Sokół belt buckles that I have but know little about.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...ic-era-183230/

Wesolych Swiat!
    Hi,
    I have to look for information about the Sokole and then send them.
    I greet
    Darek

Wesołych Świąt Bożego Narodzenia !Eleni - Gdy Sie Chrystus Rodzi [Kol

?

Both symbols correspond with the regiment's tradition. Many enlisted soldiers had Sokol Gimnastic Society background. 45 PSK was created on February 16/1818 in Sillylee Guillaume in France as 3rd Polish Riflemen Regiment, part of Haller's Blue Army. At the end of April 1919 regiment arrived in Poland and was quartered in Kowel. In September 1919 regiment received final name as 45 PSK (Pulk Strzelcow Kresowych).

Beautiful badge by the way I wish I had one like that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2