Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Binocular type and manufactures used by the Polish prewar army?

Article about: Does anyone have any information on the binoculars used by the Polish prewar army. I'm looking for info on type and by whom manufactured? Did the Poles use any foreign made binoculars? Thank

Default Binocular type and manufactures used by the Polish prewar army?

Does anyone have any information on the binoculars used by the Polish prewar army. I'm looking for info on type and by whom manufactured? Did the Poles use any foreign made binoculars? Thanks.
    Last edited by dastier; 12-06-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Default Re: Binocular type and manufactures used by the Polish prewar army?

Dastier,

Here’s a past thread:

Binoculars-When?

And this site contains good information on pre-WW2 Polish made binoculars:

http://www.binoculars-cinecollectors...story_of_H.pdf

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Once again thank you Tony. You are the (Polish) cavalry to the rescue. Are these hard to find and costly?

?

Polish
    Here is a link I found. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks for the link Rich. I wish I had known about these Kolbergs sooner. I saw one for sale on an auction site a few months back.

It was mentioned in the thread on 'Holsters used by prewar Polish officers' that Polish officers were permitted to purchase not only sidearms, magazines and holsters; but also to make private purchases of binoculars and compasses.

Quote by pat15567 View Post
    Speaking about the pistols: officers were allowed to buy all of their gear. They didn't had to use only army gear. They could buy all of their gear wherever their wanted only if the equipment meets the specified quality and requirements. This specialy is seen on pistols, binoculars, compass etc. Of course majority of them were using standard army gear.
    Does anyone have any info on private purchase binoculars used in the Polish Army. May I assume that issue binoculars were of Polish manufacture or did Poland make any foreign military binocular purchases? Thanks.

Depends on time period. Before polish production started many french and german binoculars were in use. 6x30 field binoculares were so similar in every army, after production in Warsaw started (PZO/Kolberg) i would say that most of purchases were done over there.

Thanks again Pat. I have a pair of civilian Zeiss 6x30 binos from around 1920. If I can't find the Kolbergs, its reassuring that I can still use the Zeiss ones for my display.