Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help me find information about a distant relative from WWI-WWII era?

Article about: I posted a thread about this previously, but I think I may have gotten the name wrong. I was born in Poland but am the first generation to be raised in the United States. I started collectin

Default Can anyone help me find information about a distant relative from WWI-WWII era?

I posted a thread about this previously, but I think I may have gotten the name wrong.

I was born in Poland but am the first generation to be raised in the United States. I started collecting Polish medals to sort of embrace and pay respect to my Polish heritage. My mother recently started asking some family back in Poland about any history that they are aware of, and I wanted to see if anyone could help me locate some information on a distant relative? A lot of the information is probably gone from the war, but I didn't know if someone had access to some sort of archives that may contain anything on them.

The name should be Piotr Chalupko. Believed to be alive from 1879 to 1946, unsure where he was born. From what we know, he was in the military during WWI under Jozef Haller (Wojska Hallera). Don't really know what countries he fought battles in, but supposedly he was awarded the Virtuti Militari award which may help locate some information on him. Supposedly he visited the United States two times as well, if that helps. The rest of his life is a little unclear. Part of his story is believed that he lived under a different alias, as many people did during WWII, another part of his story is believed that he was sent to a concentration camp, and was liberated after the war but passed from the conditions of the camp and Europe in general after the war. That is about all I have on him. I asked to search Chalupinski in a previous thread, but did not find anything. If at all possible, can someone search for anything remotely similar? Piotr or Piotrek, Chalu-etc.

Thanks so much!

Hello Zarski843,

I have looked through the Legion Officers List for 1917 and the Rocznik Oficerski for 1923, 1932 and the Reserve Officers Yearbook for 1934, with no luck in finding a Piotr Chałupko listed.

The closest to the Surname was a Konstanty Chałupka or a Józef Chałoupka.

The best place to try would be the Army Records Centre at Rembertów, sorry that I can not help you further.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Zarski843,

I have looked through the Legion Officers List for 1917 and the Rocznik Oficerski for 1923, 1932 and the Reserve Officers Yearbook for 1934, with no luck in finding a Piotr Chałupko listed.

The closest to the Surname was a Konstanty Chałupka or a Józef Chałoupka.

The best place to try would be the Army Records Centre at Rembertów, sorry that I can not help you further.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Would you mind if I asked where do you get access to these records? Is this a public database or something that you exclusively have access to?

Thank you!

Hello Zarski843,

Many thanks for your post, I have collected since the 1970's and have built up reference books during that time,

You can try to search the internet, but you must have the correct spelling of the Surname, other than that try the Military Records Centre at Rembertów.

Best wishes

Andrzej