Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Are collar pieces in photo 'Emblemat Szkoły Podoficerskiej'

Article about: Thanks very much for those scans Tony, I'm working on translating them. Maybe it's obvious but is the badge worn on the collars or tunic? Chris............

Default Re: Are collar pieces in photo 'Emblemat Szkoły Podoficerskiej'

Thanks very much for those scans Tony, I'm working on translating them.
    Maybe it's obvious but is the badge worn on the collars or tunic?
    Chris............

Hi Chris,

The regimental badge was worn on the left breast pocket - as pictured below. I'll dig up some pics of the 'school' collar badges you are referring to.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are collar pieces in photo 'Emblemat Szkoły Podoficerskiej'  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for confirming that Tony.

Since learning of the photo's location in Rawa Ruska in 1927 or 1931 and that 19PP No. 3 Battalion was stationed there I was starting to think that maybe this was not an NCO school photo? Still the collar emblems are a curiosity and might be indicative of an NCO training establishment. I do know there was an 'battalion reserve officer cadet' school at this location listed as 'Batalion Podchorążych Rezerwy Piechoty nr. 6a' .

Chris.........

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    I'll dig up some pics of the 'school' collar badges you are referring to.
    Hey Tony hope you had a pleasant weekend, still curious to see pics of those collar badges when its convenient for you.

Chris............

?

I think date on that pic. is 1921

Hey jaxmon, guess I should mention that one of the fellows in the photo is my great uncle who was born in 1910. Given his birthday & awkward handwriting the date is more likely 1927 or 1931.

Regards
    Chris.......

Quote by ChrisW01 View Post
    Hey Tony hope you had a pleasant weekend, still curious to see pics of those collar badges when its convenient for you.

Chris............
    Hi Chris - my apologies for the delay. Rest assured, this matter is not forgotten. Promise to post some pics soon!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Hey jaxmon, guess I should mention that one of the fellows in the photo is my great uncle who was born in 1910. Given his birthday & awkward handwriting the date is more likely 1927 or 1931.

Regards
    Chris.......
    I see...
    I think the collar badges represent Reserve Ensign School (Szkola Podchorazych Rezerwy) SPR inside of the wreath and star. Looking at soldiers in the pic, their rank is between private to corporal. They couldn't attend officer's school regarding their already low rank. Inscription on the back of the pic, states that it is a class. Date on your pic has to be Feb. 1927. They graduated in 1928 according to dates when school was operational (see below).

from Wikipedia:
    Batalion Podchorążych Rezerwy Piechoty Nr 6A w Rawie Ruskiej (VIII 1928 – VII 1929)

Szkoła Podchorążych Rezerwy (SPRez.) – w Wojsku Polskim szkoła wojskowa kształcąca kandydatów na oficerów rezerwy.

Nazwa wywodzi się z okresu międzywojennego, kiedy to utworzono Szkoły Podchorążych Rezerwy. Do służby byli powoływani poborowi z cenzusem (absolwenci szkół średnich lub studiów wyższych). Służba trwała rok i składała się z okresu nauki w szkole, podczas której żołnierze posługiwali się tytułem szeregowego (strzelca, ułana, kanoniera) z cenzusem. Szkolenie kończyło się egzaminem i absolwenci otrzymywali stopień kaprala i tytuł podchorążego (w wyjątkowych sytuacjach plutonowego podchorążego). Drugim okresem służby (już podchorążego) była praktyka dowódcza w jednostce wojskowej. Po jej zakończeniu podchorąży był zwalniany do rezerwy. Stopień oficerski uzyskiwał po odbyciu dodatkowych ćwiczeń.
    Last edited by jaxmon; 09-13-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Hey jaxmon very much appreciate the data provided.

It's a little late now but at some point I should have changed the thread title or started a new one with the subject line "Collar pieces of NCO's of 19 Pulku Piechoty" (or something similar). Along with Batalion Podchorążych Rezerwy Piechoty Nr 6A there was also 19 Pulk Piechoty, 3 Batalion at this location. I should add my uncle was never an officer and was only listed as a corporal of the reserve by 1939 after completing his national service.

Chris.............
    Last edited by ChrisW01; 09-14-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

. . . The collar emblems are worn in the same fashion and appear similar (but not quite) as seen on pgs 128 to 130 of Polskie Szkolnictwo Wojskowe 1908-1939. . . .
    Quote by jaxmon View Post
    . . .I think the collar badges represent Reserve Ensign School (Szkola Podchorazych Rezerwy) SPR inside of the wreath and star . . .
    Hi Chris,

At long last . . . although I’m not quite sure the wait was worth it as I cannot shed any more light other than to say that you correctly identified the badge from the outset – as pictured on page 130 of the fine book “Polskie szkolnictwo wojskowe 1908-1939 Odznaki - emblematy - dokumenty” (Wojciech B. Moś, Włodzimierz Soszyński). Excerpt of the section posted below.

Also posted is a better picture of the actual badge, and a portrait of a young cadet with the badge in place on the collar tab.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are collar pieces in photo 'Emblemat Szkoły Podoficerskiej'   Are collar pieces in photo 'Emblemat Szkoły Podoficerskiej'  

Are collar pieces in photo 'Emblemat Szkoły Podoficerskiej'   Are collar pieces in photo 'Emblemat Szkoły Podoficerskiej'  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast