Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Conspirators" Activities Lwow 1932? (Enscribed Silver Cigarette Case)

Article about: Hi all, Thank you for letting me post here. I am not a collector, nor am I interested in the monetary value of this cigarette case. I bought it as a gift without the knowledge of the inscrip

?

Default "Conspirators" Activities Lwow 1932? (Enscribed Silver Cigarette Case)

Hi all,

Thank you for letting me post here. I am not a collector, nor am I interested in the monetary value of this cigarette case.

I bought it as a gift without the knowledge of the inscription which interested me:

I am only trying to find out what the "conspirators" activity might have been in Lwow in 1932 and the significance of its presentation.

The case seems to be for a lady/woman? The signature seems to be "Julie".

Words:

"To Chief Conspirator" Lwow 24th December 1932".

I am also intrigued why the inscription is in English. The case itself was made in Warsaw in 1932.

Any suggestions welcome. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Conspirators"  Activities Lwow 1932?  (Enscribed Silver Cigarette Case)   "Conspirators"  Activities Lwow 1932?  (Enscribed Silver Cigarette Case)  

"Conspirators"  Activities Lwow 1932?  (Enscribed Silver Cigarette Case)   "Conspirators"  Activities Lwow 1932?  (Enscribed Silver Cigarette Case)  

Hello Pete K,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, the only information that I can provide you with is the maker the firm of Wladyslaw Krupski & Jan Matulewicz, their business was located at Nr12 Leszczynska Street in Warsaw.

No doubt some of the other members will be able to contribute more information on the case.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you for your kind welcome Andrzej.

My interest in the cigarette case has led me to read up about the history of that era. So I've been learning about some very awful times in that part of Europe.

Thanks for info on the makers.

It's intruiging as the inscription is in English, and the monogram "MB" might be a clue. Best wishes.

Pete.