Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

The Cross and Medal of Independence

Article about: Here is a complete ‘award package’ issued to a recipient of the Medal of Independence. It consists of the following components: 1) the decoration – full size and miniature 2) the presentatio

Hello Lambert,

Apologies for myslow reply. I'm just back from vacation and am still catching up. Yes, this is a Panasiuk copy, most easily identified by the unique "feathers" in the stylized eagle on his crosses.

Re. your question about identifying an "original", let's classify the Gontarczyk as the original as he produced the official government issue crosses. The Gontarczyk is the only pre-war made cross with a ribbon ring suspender with no openable joint / seam. It is a solid ring soldered to the top of the cross. See below - it is the cross on the right in three of the four views. The Gontarczyk crosses are of the highest quality with a thin elegant profile and beautiful curved surface enamels.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony !!

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm fascinated by the history of Poland. Bravo Polish people! ..

A question: In what decades were the Panasiuk Copies produced?

Cheers
    Lambert

Hi again Lambert,

Quote by Argonne1918 View Post
    . . . A question: In what decades were the Panasiuk Copies produced?
    All I can say with any certainty is that the cross is a current offering and that the Panasiuk operation was restarted by son Andrzej in the 1970’s. I would think it likely that is has been offered for quite a while, and perhaps even the elder Jozef Panasiuk produced copies as well.

Incidentally, I happened across the Panasiuk storefront quite unexpectedly while strolling through Warsaw’s Old Town three weeks ago. Unfortunately it was closed at the time. Some pics below. You can see the Krzyz Niepodleglosci in the display window.

Re your question about the 10 Years of Independence medal, I’ll move that over to a new thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence   The Cross and Medal of Independence  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi, Tony. Thank you very much.
    I think the doubts about this cross have been totally resolved.

The Display window is sensational. Really a wonder! .. Curious, I saw this "Christian Cross" in the movie "Battle of Warsaw 1920" did not think it was a "military" Cross .....

Best Regards
    Lambert

Antoni Roczmierowski was my great grandfather

Quote by CQE View Post
    National Independence Day (Polish: Narodowe Święto Niepodległości) is a national day in Poland celebrated on 11 November to commemorate the anniversary of the restoration of Poland's sovereignty as the Second Polish Republic in 1918, after 123 years of partition by the Russian Empire, the Kingdom of Prussia and the Habsburg Empire.

Medal Niepodleglosci by Mennica Panstwowa. Who was Antoni Roczmierowski ?
    Regards, Jurek
    He was my great grandfather

CQE
    ?

Helen, can you share some info and pictures with us?
    Best regards,
    Jurek

After many years of wondering if (and suspecting that) a box was produced for the Cross with Swords, we finally have proof. Now, to find and acquire one!:

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence   The Cross and Medal of Independence  

Hello Everyone,

I found the following Legitymacja yesterday

KN Legit to Alfred Marian Swider

MN Legit to Karol Markowski

MN Legit to Karol Czerner

MN Legit to Franciszek Gawęda

MN Legit to Anna Dobrowolska

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. double click to enlarge in a new page

Default Antoni Roczmierowski

I have added my photograph of Antoni's documentation. I am researching my family tree and Roczmierowski members are extremely difficult to find. My family heirlooms are currently packed in my grandfather Franciszek Roczmierowski's military trunk. I will try and add more later. (I have only just seen this message, and am not sure why I didn't receive the email notification, I suspect my spam folder stole it, very frustrating, so apologies for the delay!)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast