Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

The Cross and Medal of Independence

Article about: Here is a complete ‘award package’ issued to a recipient of the Medal of Independence. It consists of the following components: 1) the decoration – full size and miniature 2) the presentatio

The Cross and Medal of Independence
    Wondering if anyone is familiar with this document? I'm not sure if it's incomplete or if this is just how it's presented. I'm researching an ancesestor of mine. I believe he served in the Polish military around 1916-1942. I found the attached document on a Polish military historical site, it's just a bunch of similar looking images with no reference or description of each image. Link included below. I don't read or speak Polish so through translation I found the medal of Independence and this forum. His name is not listed as a recipient so I'm just wondering what this document is supposed to be. For reference I was attempting to find written documention of when he served.
    https://wbh.wp.mil.pl/pl/skanywyszuk...adka=MYSL-NAHU

Hello Jessica, this appears to be a card from the records of the Committee for the Cross and Medal of Independence recording an application for the cross/medal. Some of the other cards pictured on this site show either acceptance or rejection of the application. This particular application may have still been in review - ? I’ll need to do some further research, although time does not permit this at the moment. I’ll look into this further and respond in the future.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12