Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Article about: by IvanPutski Here's another little tidbit on that cross.... It was awarded to a fighter pilot. Hello Ivan, OK, the suspense builds . . . so now how about giving us the name? The award lists

?

Antos !

It's beautiful..
    That kind of suspender is something I don't even have! Congratulations on it!

I've been collecting 4 times longer than you have but a 4 times smaller collection. J

Regards

Robek

The Marcel Delande made KW was briefly touched on in post #63. In light of a recent acquisition it’s high time to add some more information on this variant. First off, this Paris based maker produced KW’s until the outbreak of WW2 resuming again after the end of the war. Delande KW’s are most easily identified by the asymmetric placement of the text, sitting well above horizontal axis:

The new acquisition to my Delande family is an early example having the ‘ball suspension’ linking the ribbon ring to the cross, typical of many French made decorations. Production of these dates to the early 1920’s. Interesting is the WW2 Polish Exiled Armed Forces pattern ribbon, this one consisting of separate parts sewn together:

(click on photos to magnify view)

The wide production time span has resulted in numerous variations. Here are several example with different suspensions, alloys / finishes, thicknesses and commemorative dates.

Left to right:

- as detailed above, early production with ball suspension; custom PSZ pattern ribbon
    - ring suspension, no die break*; dark bronze; pre-WW2 ribbon
    - ring suspension, die break*; issue French made ribbon
    - 1940 ball suspension (ribbon ring marked “BRONZE”); issue French made ribbon
    - 1940 ring suspension; dark bronze; (unmarked ribbon ring); modern replacement ribbon

*die break: the Krogulec catalogue has deemed the die break stampings as a separate variant:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello regained "his" Cross of Valour, a friend read out the number as 18514, below pictures of the coin.
    Then throw more history connected with his grandfather but I have to translate well.
    Regards Rafał
    Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 TypesCross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

?

RafCo !

My cross had the same damage as yours with the hanging part. The difference is only 6 numbers, I've never encountered such a closeness prior to this one. It's unfortunate that your number is damaged as much as it is.

Cheers

Robek

Default Fake Alert - government issue Type 2 Knedler

Here's a bogus second type Knedler listed on Allegro. It exhibits the characteristic soft details of a cast copy. The suspension tang is well done in comparison to other cast fakes, and the serial numbering appears quite convincing. Where's there's one there'll be more . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello folks,

I would like to show you small set. The set contains VM 5th class cross with document and Cross of Valor with a bar and document. Very interesting late "Big Knedler" the ring is solded and the connector is different. Do you have any information about Rudolf Ksander?

Regards
    Rafal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Marynarz, wonderful set. A VM + KW set with award documents is a treat to see. Thanks for sharing . Another example of this scarce variant is shown earlier in post #133.

Sorry that I cannot offer any info on this particular officer.

Regards,
    Tony

Hello Rafal.

Congratulations on acquiring a very nice group.

With regards to Rudolf Ksander, I have been able to glean the following information for you.

Rocznik Oficerski 1923 Index Page 1689 Ksander Rudolf Pages : 227, 410

Page 410 List Rudolf Ksander as Kapitan 622 in seniority from 1st June 1919 serving with 35PP

Page 227 list Kpt Rudolf Ksander Deputy Commander 3rd Battalion 35PP with VM5 KW2.

Rocznik Oficerski 1924 Index Page 1524 lists Ksander Rudolf on Pages 211, 351 (when in fact he is listed on Page 352 not 351)

Page 352 Major 217 in Seniority from the 15th August 1924

Page 211 Major 35PP OC 3rd Battalion VM5 KW2

Rocznik Oficerski 1928 Index Page : 988 Ksander Rudolf listed on Pages 51, 177

Page 177 Lists Major Rudolf Ksander 192 in Seniority

Page 51 Lists Major Ksander as OC 1st Battalion 35PP

Addittional Information : Date of Birth : 16-09-1891

Rocznik Oficerski 1932 Index Page 966 Lists Ksander Rudolf on Pages : 28, 805

Page 805 Szkola Podchorazych Rezerwy Piechoty in Zambrow C/O. Pplk.piech. Wladyslaw Muzyka, Major Rudolf Ksander Piechoty

Page : 28 Major Rudolf Ksander VM5, KW2, Szk.Pchor.Rez.Piech. 99 in seniority.

Rafal unfortunately I do not have a copy of the Rocznik Oficerski 1939, perhaps one of the other Forum Members has a copy and can provide you with the information listed from it.

Any way I do hope that the above information is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Many thanks Andrzej. I wondering what happened with Major Ksander during 2nd world war?? The VM 5th class contains original "paper ribbon" I keeping it in dark place.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here's a bogus second type Knedler listed on Allegro.
    KRZYZ WALECZNYCH Z NUMEREM 1920

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast