Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Article about: by IvanPutski Here's another little tidbit on that cross.... It was awarded to a fighter pilot. Hello Ivan, OK, the suspense builds . . . so now how about giving us the name? The award lists

?

A beautiful cross and the dream of many a collector
    Congratulations

I have won a pre-war numbered KW on Allegro - I'd very much appreciate your opinions on its authenticity:

Galeria zdj

Many thanks.

Hello Kosowski,

It's always best to ask this question before bidding as it's a mine field out there . . . but you can breathe easy as your cross appears to be a genuine late issue Type 1 Knedler made cross. No visible problems with this one. Top condition. Award bars look good. Ribbon is not pre-WW2 Polish vintage though. It has the classic "Spink fold", and also the moire weave of Spink ribbons. I've posted pics below as your link will eventually die (please avoid off site links and post photos directly to the thread)

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Many thanks!

I feel like I should recognise this one but I dont have my copy of Krogulec with me. The line coming off the 'L' I'm sure I've seen before. Can anyone identify the type?

As always many thanks.Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 TypesCross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 TypesCross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Panie Kosowski, this is #9 in the Krogulec catalogue. Scarcely seen variant, patterned on the small Knedler cross. Easiest way to identify these is the difference in the eagle's talons:

Regards,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

CQE
    ?

Tony,
    are those crosses (#25801 and 31619) original and probably Type 1 Knedler made?
    Thanks for help,
    Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Hi Jurek,

You are correct. Both are Type 1 Knedler pattern.

Cross #31619 has been messed with. The suspension including ribbon ring is not original. Not a desirable example.

Cross #25801 looks genuine, although the ribbon ring is suspect.

Regards,
    Tony

CQE
    ?

Default KW small

Tony, thank you very much.
    This time I present for your evaluation two small crosses. One with number - 49793 and other plane.
    Best regards,
    Jurek,SQE

Hi again Jurek,

The numbered cross is of course the government issue Type 2 Knedler, number 5 in Krogulec’s numbering scheme. This example has the large font serial number, less common in the Type 2 series than the small number font.

The second cross is an Arthus Bertrand product, with the thicker gauge ribbon ring holder. From memory I believe this is Krogulec number 12.

Earlier in this thread I posted the three known types of the small Bertrand crosses.

Two very nice looking crosses Jurek. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast