Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Article about: by IvanPutski Here's another little tidbit on that cross.... It was awarded to a fighter pilot. Hello Ivan, OK, the suspense builds . . . so now how about giving us the name? The award lists

CQE
    ?

Default KW

Thank you Tony!
    Please evaluate another two, large crosses (dark and lighter).
    Best regards,
    Jurek

Anybody, please!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Last edited by CQE; 05-30-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Hello Andrzej,

I own this numbered the Cross of Valor. Can you tell me some information about the owner and history of this cross?

Thank you
    Weronika

Sorry for paste it some many times. Something happened in my computer.

Hello Weronika and welcome to the forum. I trust my colleague Andrzej won’t object to my stepping in to answer your questions.

First off, I deleted the inadvertent duplicate posts of the photos.

Award records are not known to have survived WW2 and the subsequent Russian occupation years. So without an accompanying “legitymacja” document with matching serial number the name of the original recipient will unfortunately remain unknown.

Your cross appears entirely genuine and in good overall condition. The little bit of ribbon visible in your photo tells me that it is a modern replacement. The cross was produced by Jan Knedler of Warsaw in about 1921. For more information on this particular cross type please scroll back to post #20 of this thread.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,
    Thank you for information. Yes, the ribbon is a modern replacement, I know that.
    Have a nice day, thank you so much.
    Best wishes,
    Weronika

You’re most welcome Weronika. And thank you for sharing that nice surviving cross with us.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Default Cross of Valour

Hello,
    This is my own small collection of crosses. I'd like to get opinions about it. Thank you.
    Best wishes,
    Weronika.

Hello Tony and Andrzej,
    Can I get Your opinion about my collection? Please.
    Best wishes,
    Weronika.

Pictures of back of Crosses would be VERY HELPFUL.

Hi Weronika,

Thanks for sharing your collection with us. You have a nice cross section of KW’s from pre-war era through exile period, post war Soviet occupation era, right up to current IIIRP issue.

Member Krakow1 is correct that reverse views are crucial in positively establishing authenticity, but from the obverse I see no problems whatsoever with any of the crosses save the LWP communist issues. I do not collect from this era, but most LWP KW's are relatively common and from what little I know there are no red flags apparent.

Do you know which of your crosses is the scarcest?

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast