Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Article about: by IvanPutski Here's another little tidbit on that cross.... It was awarded to a fighter pilot. Hello Ivan, OK, the suspense builds . . . so now how about giving us the name? The award lists

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Tony,Thanks alot for posting this one!Ive never seen this varient before

ccj
    ?

Recently Sold KW with two bars
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

3mk
    ?

I seen this one,Wonderful example.

Heres my first KW an example made by Jan Knedler Ive been told.

Regards
    Emil
    Attached Images Attached Images Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types 

Hi Charles, Thanks for keeping this thread alive and posting these pictures of a very fine example of a second pattern Knedler cross. I was watching this auction with interest. Aside from condition, it is also particularly attractive for possibly having its recipient identified (although the name was not given in the auction). Also nice to have it’s original period ribbon and 2nd and 3rd award bars. All of these were reflected in the closing price of over $400 USD.

That particular auction included a very seldom seen privately made Polonia Restituta cross in hallmarked silver by Stanislaw Owczarski. Super rare cross. When all was said and done it tipped the scales at over $1000.

Emil, congratulations on picking up your first pre-war Cross of Valour. You are correct, it is also a Knedler product, but the first larger pattern. These are written up in detail earlier in this thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

ccj
    ?

Tony, how would ID of the original owner be possible?

Unfortunately there is no known surviving record of Cross of Valour receipients by serial number. A cross must be accompanied with its numbers matching document to know the name of the recipient for that numbered cross.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

3mk
    ?

Moved from Exile thread.
    Nice cross
    "Small" Knedler - 36 x 36 mm...
    Attached Images Attached Images Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types 

?

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Moved from Exile thread.
    Nice cross
    Thanks Emil

3mk
    ?

No problem

Does anyone have pictures of low serial numbered cross`s?So far the lowest Ive ever seen is Ivans #26 but he says hes seen lower

Heres a relic KW, It probably fell off the soldiers chest while in field since the KW and VM were to be worn at all times, Hence the reason they made jewler replacements.

I would love to dig this up!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Emil, Here is #5. This one was sold at the La Galerie Numismatique auction in London Sept of 2005.

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast