Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

eagle on scabbard

Article about: hello i have a scabbard to polish bayonet in colour khaki,on the upper side of the scabbard are signs: inspection mark in owal and an eagle,my question is :the eagle on scabbard is something

Default eagle on scabbard

hello i have a scabbard to polish bayonet in colour khaki,on the upper side of the scabbard are signs: inspection mark in owal and an eagle,my question is :the eagle on scabbard is something common or rather unusual?
    best wishes (actually i dont have a photo but eagle is the same as on a bayonet)

Hi Michal. Although having owned several pre-war Polish bayonets - mostly wz.28's - I'm no expert in this area. But an eagle mark of the type you are describing located on the scabbard is definitely unusual. Please try to post a picture.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

hello!i have searched the web and nowhere cant find anything similiar(maybe my search is not good this is the best photo that i can the my old genereation phone
    the eagle is on the right side i think it is visible
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eagle on scabbard  

i've heard an opinion that this scabbard may be a conversion from mannlicher 1885.Polish army from my information produced a wz 22 bayonet
    from elements of mannlicher,and this eagle may be a damaged imperial eagle what do you think about this opportunity?
    Last edited by michal19; 05-07-2015 at 11:50 PM.