Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay pre-war tunic???

Article about: Well it does have seven buttons..looks astonishing like polyester. Anyone care to comment? 250802471224 This is the item number if the link does not work. #http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d

?

Default Ebay pre-war tunic???

Well it does have seven buttons..looks astonishing like polyester.

Anyone care to comment?

250802471224 This is the item number if the link does not work.

#http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250802471224

thanks,
    Piwo

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Ebay pre-war tunic???

In my opinion this is a post-war tunic. The collar patches are most likely from a post-war KBW uniform. The rank tape does not have red on the edges as pre-war rank tape did. The badges Im not sure about, we would need beter pics to vertify if its authentic or not.

?

Greetings,

I was thinking the same thing. Also the lining and the collar didn't look quite right either. My 2 zloty worth.

Mike

Methinks someone made a costly error. Not the first mistake I've seen!

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

That tunic was a total fake. KBW collar patches, sad cause it looked like a nice example of early after war tunic. No chance for pre war.

For the record, here are the pics of this one. And for good measure, the seller’s description as well:

This is a pre-1939 Polish Infantry Em uniform group consisting of tunic with badges and trousers. I'll start by saying these items were issued and have seen use. The tunic has a lot of character. The tunic is the typical Polish light brown/khaki wool. The wool is coarse but well sewn. The stitching and binding is sound throughout. No mothing that I can see. The tunic is fully lined but the lining is worn in several places. Collar tabs and shoulder boards are present and in great condition. The shoulder boards are piped with white tape and display a rank insignia (Kaporal I think). One of the boards has a small metal "3" attached above the rank stripe. All of the buttons are present and are pre-war. All of the button holes are quality hand sewn and finished inside and out. The tunic shows a slight fraying around the cuff buttons. I can't really say what the badges are or what they represent. The photos tell the whole story.

The trousers are in really good shape. They are a slightly finer wool and somewhat darker than they tunic. I believe these trousers perhaps doubled as walking out dress since they are hemmed at the bottom - either that or they are the "golfer" type trousers that were commonly used with gaiters. Either way they are in great shape. I have only found two small moth nips. There are no markings that I can see but they are undisputedly Polish. The fly is button type and all of the button holes are quality hand sewn. Both of these items are extremely difficult to find. I've had several officer tunics but EM groups (and tunics) are almost impossible to find. I'm really surprised that this one survived the war. Most probably rotted away in German or Russian POW camps.

Closing price was 795.51 USD. Ouch.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ebay pre-war tunic???   Ebay pre-war tunic???  

Ebay pre-war tunic???   Ebay pre-war tunic???  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

None of the details of this jacket does not defend itself as the pre-war. The best example may be just the tabs. Tunic's cut is not correct, tabs do not fit into the collar, generally speaking there is nothing in this jacket which can defend it as the pre-war production, except maybe buttons which were almost for sure re-sewn. How can one explain those KWB tabs ? This is not even an early post-war production, it is straight from the 80's ...