Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Favorite Uniform

Article about: Greetings All, Took some pictures of my favorite uniform. I didn't post in the 39 uniform section as there is a discussion going on that I didn't want to disrupt. This one I keep at the offi

?

Default Favorite Uniform

Greetings All,

Took some pictures of my favorite uniform. I didn't post in the 39 uniform section as there is a discussion going on that I didn't want to disrupt.

This one I keep at the office as this is where I spend most of my time and it generates much discussion as people pass through - I get to teach a little Polish history.

This one came from a friend in the U.S. He called one Friday night describing a uniform for sale from a dealer from Krakow. He gave the entire description of the mountain division type, the eagle feather etc, and as the price was decent I had him buy it for me and send it up.

It wasn't until I received it did I put every thing together and discovered that the tunic belonged to the 11th division--one to which my grandfather belonged to in 1939. My grandfather was in the infantry, not artillery, but still the same division and the closest I will probably ever get to owning the type of uniform he would have had.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Favorite Uniform   Favorite Uniform  

Favorite Uniform  

?

Default Re: Favorite Uniform

What a Beauty! Im sure your Gramps would be proud! Thanks for posting,man.
    ~Dean

In a word - Awesome! Thanks for sharing this wonderful specimen Mike. A joy to behold.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I really like the feathers on the cap. It's an Indian thing.
    The tunic is a real killer.
    SteveR

?

Greetings,

Here is a photo of with my grandfather wearing a similar rogatywka. Unfortunately I don't understand computer programs well enough to draw a nice circle or arrow onto the photo, so... if you find the car in the center and count 4 guys over, the 4th soldier is wearing a rogatywka with an eagle feather. My grandfather is the soldier above him to the left.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Favorite Uniform  

Quote by 48ppsk View Post
    It wasn't until I received it did I put every thing together and discovered that the tunic belonged to the 11th division--one to which my grandfather belonged to in 1939.
    Mike
    Great example of sychronicity, and the tunic is also equally special—thanks for sharing both
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fantastic set ! Probably artillery, can't see the details of collar patches, but i think it can be 11-th light artillery regiment. Any stamps or signatures inside of tunic and a hat ? Regards

?

Greetings,

Yes, definetely11th Division artillery. I cannot remember if there were any markings on the inside of the tunic before I encased it. Someday maybe I will look again.

Here is a photo of the collars.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Favorite Uniform  

?

Hello
    Can anyone tell me why this jacket has only six buttons? M36 jacket should have seven buttons. Anyone of You notice that?
    Six buttons is standard in postwar jackets.
    Also I don't like the mismatched tabs to the collar.
    Can you post photos of shoulder?

?

Greetings,

good point, I didn't notice previously. If you take a good look at the photo of the tunic that my grandtahter is wearing in the photo you can see the same pattern/spacing of buttons, which is different than that of others in the photo, suggesting 6 and not 7 buttons. You can see in the photo that the 3rd button lines up approx with the pocket button, whereas the soldier in front with the rounded cap has his 4th button in the same position. You can also see the button spacing is obviously different.

I have several other photos of individual soldiers that show a similar pattern.

interesting

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast