Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

General Rayski

Article about: I've been studying this man. He had an extremely interesting and unusual career. Does anyone have other photos of General Rayski? Ive read he became an Air Commodore in the RAF but I've only

ccj
    ?

Default General Rayski

I've been studying this man. He had an extremely interesting and unusual career.

Does anyone have other photos of General Rayski? Ive read he became an Air Commodore in the RAF but I've only seen Group Commander rank photos.

It seems he was the subject of much political strife before and during WW2. What do most Polish veterans think of Rayski?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	129622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	424px-RayskiLudomil1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	129623  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal1_03.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	129625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal1_05.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	129626  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal1_11.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	129627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal1_15.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	129629  

Attached Images Attached Images     

ccj
    ?

Default re: General Rayski

More Photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3351.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	129641  

Default re: General Rayski

GALERIA - Rayski
    I believe that he was finally acquitted of all the charges presented to him in 1940 by an honorary commission of the Polish Government in Exile led by Gen. Zygmunt Szyszko-Bohusz.
    Gen. Wacław Stachiewicz said that Rayski "The Turk" created Polish aeronautical industry.
    General Stachiewicz and płk pil. Wacław Makowski spoke highly of him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kanonier Tokarz; 08-19-2010 at 01:48 PM.

ccj
    ?

Default Re: General Rayski

It looks like Rayski's head is pasted into the photo. I'nm not saying it is... looks like it to me.

?

From June 1963 to September 1964 I rented a bedsiting room in the House of General Rayski, 43 Woodville Gardens, Ealing, London.
    He was a very pleasant person and he told me about his participation in different wars. He also mentioned that he became Air Commodore in the Royal Air Force.
    He was proud to tell me that the Polish pilots in the RAF shot downs more ennemy planes than the British pilots (in proportion).
    I am very pleased that I had the occasion to meet such a remarkable man.
    Somewhere in my old files I have a photo of General Rayski and his wife in their garden. I will send it as soon as I can find it.

ccj
    ?

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing...

Hello kublai and welcome to the forum! Thank you for your post. Please do post this photograph and also share with us any other recollections you may have of General Rayski.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Question Re: General Rayski

What charges was he acquitted of, what was his crime?

Chris..............

Hi Chris,

From what I recall Rayski was accused of some improprieties regarding business dealings in pre-war Poland that resulted in the bankruptcy of one or more firms. During WW2 he was cleared of all charges. I am presently reading his memoirs and thus far he has not yet discussed this. Rayski was a strong willed individual who had no qualms in asserting his opinions, and this put him into conflict with the general staff. The case he is building suggests nothing less than treason by some within the military power structure, including even General Sikorski. It’s no coincidence that Rayski’s situation greatly improved following Sikorski’s death in 1943.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Interesting, thanks for that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast