Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?

Article about: Someone I know recently showed me this, and I was wondering if it is a genuine Adrian used within the Polish army. I can tell that besides the liner it is an M15 and it looks like below the

?

Default Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?

Someone I know recently showed me this, and I was wondering if it is a genuine Adrian used within the Polish army. I can tell that besides the liner it is an M15 and it looks like below the green/khaki overpaint there is the original WW1 French blue paint. I don't recognise the liner and I know nothing of Polish badges.

I'd really appreciate some help, thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?   Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?  

Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?   Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?  

Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?   Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?  

Another in the endless procession of fakes . The base helmet is genuine, but not a Polish army version. The eagle is was made circa 1970's by Panasiuk, and the design is loosely based on the pre-WW2 wz.19.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Ah, well that's a shame. To go a different direction - have you ever heard of any MK1 Brodie's being given to free polish forces or the polish army? I've seen a couple with this type of white serial number and all were said to be British made, polish issued - any truth to that?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a genuine Polish Army Adrian?  

.: World War Helmets - Casque Wz 15 :.
    Here's what a Polish Adrian should look like!...

Quote by FinMC View Post
    . . . have you ever heard of any MK1 Brodie's being given to free polish forces or the polish army? I've seen a couple with this type of white serial number and all were said to be British made, polish issued - any truth to that?
    I cannot comment on the white numbering, but British made MK1 helmet were used by some Polis units serving in the Russian army during WW1, in the years immediately prior to Poland regaining her independence from the three partitioning powers.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by Gunny
    Hartmann;1687548
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Wz 15 :. Here's what a Polish Adrian should look like!...
    Thanks Mr. Hartmann. At least two of them anyway. These ones of course being WW1 era used by the Polish forces congregating in France, eventually becoming known as General Haller's Blue Army. The 'eagle in horn' badge denotes infantry, and the large eagle on oval backing for other army branches.

As noted in my prior post, the M15 Adrian was also used in pre-independence Polish army units in Russia, the so called 1st Polish Corps. And a quantity of French M15's was shipped to Poland in 1919/1920 as war aid to the beleaguered young nation in the throes of various border wars. Badging and paint schemes varied accordingly, with both painted and metal eagles applied.

The Polish army modded M15 came about on the heels of a decision to eliminate the display of any eagles as it was felt that the combat value was compromised. Right around 1930 the order came for the two front badge slots to be welded closed. The liners and their helmet mounting were also completely revised, now being fastened to the shell via four rivets (one each on the front, the back, and the sides). Chin straps were also modified using heavier leather. I'm away from my home computer so will strive later to post some photos of one of these Polish army modified M15. Anyone else with good images is more than welcome to post pics in the interim.

Regards,
    Tony