Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

Article about: This is part of a complete uniform grouping that I have to a doctor from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that was a commissioned captain in Hallers Legions. The tunic is on display in the Cleveland

?

Default Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

This is part of a complete uniform grouping that I have to a doctor from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that was a commissioned captain in Hallers Legions.
    Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka
    The tunic is on display in the Cleveland, Ohio John Paul II Polish-American Cultural Center. In fact the entire militaria display is from my collection. The President of Poland visited there in the Fall of 2010.
    Piwo

?

Default Haller insignia and medals

Here are a few more bits from my collection. They include American made Haller Legion buttons, Hallers medal for American volunteers, grave marker for Haller volunteer, cloth veteran patch for Haller volunteers and some Haller legion shoulder insignia, French and US made. Whitehead and Hoag of New Jersey Haller Legion cap badgeHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

Piwo

?

Default Re: Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

Greetings Piwo,

Spectacular!!

Makes me crazy every time I see it.. It truly is something to see in person. Photos do not give it justice. Nice to see it again. I was hoping that you would show it.

Mike

GFC
    ?

-
    Attaboy Piwo !

Piwo, Thanks for sharing these pics. Very impressive collection of Haller Army items. Some rare pieces there – especially that wedge cap with the medical unit eagle. Haven’t seen many of those! And speaking of hat eagles, the Whitehead & Hoag eagle is also a super piece.

All Points Bulletin: I’m on the lookout for a pair of those shoulder eagles to replace the ones pilfered from my Haller vet tunic . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default More Haller Grouping and American made Haller veterans rogytwka

Thanks all for your interest.

The interior of the Adrian helmet contained the doctors name and address in Pittsburgh, Pa and the dates and location of his deployment written in French and English. Included were times on the western front and in Poland. I shall provide better photos of the tunic, great coat, pants, sword belt and medals in the near future.

The two other czapka are American made post WWI for Haller Legion vets.Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

Some years back I attended the ASMIC show in Cincinnati, Ohio. I had the tunic there and my friend Jan Chrypinski wore it around the exhibit. There is a photo of Jan flanked by Prof. Wesolowski and Wojciech Stela who were there at the time.

Another Haller legion czapka.

?

Quote by Piwo2 View Post
    Thanks all for your interest.

The interior of the Adrian helmet contained the doctors name and address in Pittsburgh, Pa and the dates and location of his deployment written in French and English. Included were times on the western front and in Poland. I shall provide better photos of the tunic, great coat, pants, sword belt and medals in the near future.

The two other czapka are American made post WWI for Haller Legion vets.Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

Some years back I attended the ASMIC show in Cincinnati, Ohio. I had the tunic there and my friend Jan Chrypinski wore it around the exhibit. There is a photo of Jan flanked by Prof. Wesolowski and Wojciech Stela who were there at the time.

Another Haller legion czapka.
    I received this note in late October of this year......

Hello, I saw the old thread and was amazed...I live in Pittsburgh and know the guy that got this mans papers and ID book, etc. Its not a big lot and he is a serious Polish collector but might sell it, I can't imagine it will be cheap but the ID book with photo is the only one I have ever seen. Are you interested? Thanks, Niles "grimblenibitz" on this forum, just registered so I could contact you. NL

Last night I drove to Pittsburgh and purchased the entire document and photo lot.
    It included Polish passport, Hallers Legion ID card with photo.numerous photos of the doctor in uniform in Poland. Pre-war photos at Polihs Falcon parade, med school photo, American passport form the mid-1920's, wedding photo's etc. I purchased this grouping some 15 years ago and the rest of the collection found me because of War Relics EU.

I shall post all after I buy a new scanner. I will photograph a few bits asap. Good things come to those who wait and belong to War Relics EU

sto lat,
    Piwo

?

Default Dr. Telerski Haller's Legion

Here are few scans of the document group that was separated from the uniform grouping I post earlier.

cheers,

Piwo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka   Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka  

Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka  

?

Default Dr. Telerski Haller's Legion

Lt. Dr. Telerski
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka  

?

Default Dr. Tadeusz Telersi Document

Armja Polska
    Karta identyczna
    Carte d'identite
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast