Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with Identifying Polish Ribbon from the 1930s

Article about: Hey Everyone, Working through my grandfather's history, came across a small ribbon bar (no medals unfortunately) I know the red & white ribbon is for Long Service (10 years) as I have th

Default Help with Identifying Polish Ribbon from the 1930s

Hey Everyone,

Working through my grandfather's history, came across a small ribbon bar (no medals unfortunately)

I know the red & white ribbon is for Long Service (10 years) as I have that certificate, but I haven't been able to find the all white ribbon in any of the tables online.

I've also attached his service record for context and a photo from Nice (he was a representative of the Polish Equestrian Team) where he appears to be wearing the medal. He's second from the right.

Thanks for any help you're able to offer.

Andrew Flakelar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Identifying Polish Ribbon from the 1930s   Help with Identifying Polish Ribbon from the 1930s  

Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Andrew,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, the Medal Ribbon is more than likely th 10th Anniversary of Independence Medal established on the 28th September 1928. The ribbon is azure blue (Sky Blue).

I hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hello again Andrew,

I looked for your Grandfather in the Rocznik Oficerski (Officers Yearbook) 1928 with no luck, I then looked through the Rocznik Oficerski 1932 and found his entrys on page 169, 641,

Page 641: 14 Pulk Ulanow Rank: Porucznik (Lieutenant)

Page 169: Promoted 1st January 1932 to Porucznik, Date of Birth: 24th July 1906.

That's all that I could find on your Grandfather from the Officers Yearbooks that I have, perhaps if any of the other members has the Rocznik Oficerski 1939 they might be able to add some more information.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hello Andrew,

Below is a photograph of the 10th Anniversary Medal of Indpendence:

Click on the picture to enlarge

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Thanks for your reply Andrejku,

I had a look at the ribbon again, particularly to see if there's any sign of blue that may have faded away. Looking at the back of the ribbon it doesn't appear so.

The only decorations I've seen that has an all white ribbon are from the red cross, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The Officer's Yearbook sounds like a great resource. Do you know where these can be found? Or does anyone else on the forum have copies they could scan any relevant entries regarding Aleksander Julius Rylke for me?

Thanks everyone.

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

The Polish Red Cross awards ribbon is white but it has 2 small red border stripes, is there any way or seeing the reverse of the ribbon to check its colour, that might answer everything.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hello Andrew,

I have found the following photographs which I just thought that you might like to see of your Grandfather:

September 1937 Riga

Warsaw 4th June 1938

Another photograph Warsaw 4th June 1938

28th January 1939 Berlin Rtm Rylke, Rtm Szosland, Rtm Komorowski

31st January 1939 Riders from France, Denmark, Switzerland, Hungary, Poland and Germany on the steps of the Chancellery

January 1939 Maria Rommel wife of Pplk Karol Rommel with Rtm Szosland, Rtm Komorowski, Rtm Rylke

January 1939 Berlin Rtm Szosland presenting Rtm Komorowski to Herman Goering

Bimbusie was the name of your Grandfathers Horse, if you have seen these photogrpahs before accept my apologies

Best wishes

Andrzejku

p.s. If you click on the Photographs they will open in another page enlarged

Hey Andrzejku,

Thank you for posting these. I have seen them, and have quite a few more that I will be posting if people are interested.

Incidentally, I think they have mislabeled the photo of the Polish officers charming the Colonel's wife. The man they say is my grandfather in that photo is, I think, Pohorecki, who was also in the 14th PU.

The photos are so great though, aren't they?

a

Just had a thought: since he was on the Polish Equestrian Team, do you think the white ribbon could have something to do with Grupa Sportu Konnego?

Hello Andrew,

I had checked the Rocznik Oficerski 1928, 1932, but I had a thought last night about the Rocznik Oficerow Kawalerji 1930 (Cavalry Officers Yearbook, 1930).

And right enough he appears on Pages 27 & 111.

Page 27: 14 Pulk Ulanow, Podporucznicy, Rylke Aleksander Juljusz.

Page 111:Podporucznicy: Promotions on the 15th August 1929, Number 3 in seniority Rylke Aleksander Juljusz (24-7-1906) 14P.Ul.

Andrew I will scan the relevent pages and add them to this article later on today, then you can download them and print them off.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

p.s. I for one would like to see some more photographs of your Grandfather.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast