Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Information on Captain Lucjan Pruszynski

Article about: I am looking for information on Captain Lucjan Pruszynski, commander of the Reconnaissance Tank Squadron, of the prewar 10th Cavalry Brigade's Reconnaissance Battalion during the Wolyn manoe

Exclamation Information on Captain Lucjan Pruszynski

I am looking for information on Captain Lucjan Pruszynski, commander of the Reconnaissance Tank Squadron, of the prewar 10th Cavalry Brigade's Reconnaissance Battalion during the Wolyn manoeuvres in September 1938.

I am interested in any information, biography, photographs, etc about this officer both during his service in the prewar Polish 10th BK and later during the 1939 war and after.

I may use this information etc in a display that I am working on about the 10th BK. A photograph of this officer can be seen on page 47 in the book 'Invincible Black Brigade' by Jerzy Majka.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Information on Captain Lucjan Pruszynski

Hi Dastier,

I have looked through the following reference books for information on Kpt Lucjan Pruszynski: Rocznik Oficerski 1928 & 1932, Oficerow Kawalerji 1930 and have only found the following information from Rocznik Oficerski 1932 (Pages: 169 & 664)

Porucznik Lucjan Wladyslaw Pruszynski 10PSK (10th Mounted Rifles), Date of Birth: 14th December 1904, Lucjan was made a Porucznik with effect from 1st January 1931.

In 1938 whilst serving with the 10th Motorised Cavalry Brigade he was commanding the Brigades Armoured Reconnaisance Squadron (szwadron czologow rozpoznawczych).

I have also looked through the Photographic Archive also without any joy.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Their is mention of Lucjan Prószyński in Dywizjon Rozpoznawczy 10 Brygady Kawalerii 1938-1939. ISBN 8391278409, 9788391278406. I don't have a copy, it comes up in Google books when searching for Kpt Lucjan Pruszynski .

The page snippet says "Lucjan Prószyński 2 Pdf. oceniacz odległości 3 kierowca Polski Fiat 5 1 8 - łazik 4 goniec motocyklowy Sokół 600RT M 211 5 pancerny czołgu dcy szw. TKF z 7,92 mm ckm wz. 25 6 Pdf. dca radiostacji 7 radiotelegrafista 8 radiotelegrafista 9 ..."

Translates to "Lucjan Prószyński 2 PDF. judgement of only 3 Polish Fiat driver 5 1 8 - 4 runner jeep motorcycle Falcon 600RT M 211 5 armored tank DCY szw. TKF with 7.92 mm machine guns wz. 25 6 Pdf. dca seven radio stations radio operator radio operator 8 9 ..."

Hope this is of some use.
    Chris......
    Attached Images Attached Images Information on Captain Lucjan Pruszynski 

Andrejku, Chris thanks for your help. I'm pretty sure he was my father's commanding officer in the 10th BK at least for part of the time. I wonder what position he was in in 1939 and if he survived/fought in the west?

I don't have Dywizjon Rozpoznawczy 10 Brygady Kawalerii 1938-1939 but its on my wishlist.

Hi Dastier,

I have come across Rtm. Lucjan Pruszynski name in the Book titled "Lance do Boju",

He is mentioned as having served in 15PUL, 2nd Corps and is listed as a Major serving with 25PUL, 2nd Corps at the end of the War.

I have had a quick look through 2nd Corps 15PUL Officers and 3DSK Combattants List but with no joy, I will let you know if I do find anything more.

Best wishes

Andrzejku