Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

The Katyn Forest Massacre

Article about: Or.......maybe the guy who originally made the poster just liked the way the couple of slanted letter tops looked...never knowing that someday in the future someone would "patent"

Default re: The Katyn Forest Massacre

I also read this on the BBC site, shame its come to light after all these years and not sooner.
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Already been mentioned today. Can one of the mod's merge the threads for reasons of clarity?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...-crime-214768/

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Did not know Signal was printed in English,very cool.

- - Updated - -

Yes but I think it was under the banner of AP not Fox

Default Re: Memos show US hushed up Soviet crime

I don't understand why we can't get a straight story on this subject we are talking about a 70 year old crime

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    Did not know Signal was printed in English,very cool.

- - Updated - -

Yes but I think it was under the banner of AP not Fox
    My understanding is that Signal was published in the language of several countries that Germany occupied. I'm not sure what country the english language versions were distributed in but someone on here will know.

Mike

?

Default Re: Memos show US hushed up Soviet crime

Quote by operaman View Post
    I don't understand why we can't get a straight story on this subject we are talking about a 70 year old crime
    Comprehensive information is widely available.

Katyn massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The Germans were actually appalled by the murders
    Despite the prior and continued murder of millions of Jews, Poles and others in German death camps ... the Germans were appalled by these murders????

It is incorrect to say that Stalin ordered the murder of Poles at Katyn. It was Beria that drew up the memorandum document to request "the supreme penalty of death by shooting" of the Polish POWs and others listed in the memorandum. Stalin, Voroshilov, Molotov and Mikoyan then countersigned the infamous March 1940 Memorandum on the main page and in the margin are signatures of comrade Kalinin and comrade Kaganovich.

Wikipedia Katyn page omits the fact that within the numbers of victims the March Memorandum also includes 6,127 deserters in the total.
    Last edited by StefanM; 09-23-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Well, this thread isn't actually concerning the Holocaust here and I'd really rather not get into a debate over it, if that's okey. The only related bit is the fact that Himmler, in particular, was appalled by the Katyn and the other Polish mass executions and was concerned(and rightly so, it appeared) that the Germans would be accused of the killings. In fact, during the Nuremberg trials, this crime did, indeed, come out precisely as being leveled at and "proved" that the Germans were responsible. It wasn't until decades later that people dared come forth and secret documents were brought into daylight that concisely showed the Russian's guilt and actions in the killings.
    As for who ordered the killings, I have to admit that I find it unusual, in the light of the once secret papers and testimonies coming into the public eyes, that anyone would believe that Stalin was not the origin of the orders. Certainly, Beria was an Evil man, but he was, afterall, an Underling of Stalin and I cannot imagine for a moment that he operated autonomously performing major policy acts without the full impetus of Stalin making it happen. This would be similar to saying that Himmler or Heydrich set up the death camp system on their own initiatives and Hitler had no awareness of it. Stalin was a Very unique leader and very little if anything would have Dared to be done without first coming from him. Sometimes I suspect that Zukhov, Molotov and all the rest had to wire back to him for permission to wipe their own noses. But, anyway, this would make for a Very interesting and, no doubt, strenuously debated discussion topic thread in the "Discussions" group! Definitely a lively topic!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Wikipedia Katyn page omits the fact that within the numbers of victims the March Memorandum also includes 6,127 deserters in the total.
    Are you meaning 6,127 Soviet deserters executed by the NKVD? Because if that is the case then Wikipedia is correct to omit this as its a entry about the illegal execution of Polish P.O.W.s not Soviet deserters.

Or are these Polish deserters - please clarify.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast