Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Katyn Memorial Sprinslade, Cannock UK

Article about: Katyn Memorial, Springslade, Cannock, erected 1979. interesting story of British Government, refusing to cooperate in dedication. Bitish chairman, Polish Vice Charman of organising committee

John Mellor
    ?

Default Katyn Memorial Sprinslade, Cannock UK

Katyn Memorial, Springslade, Cannock, erected 1979. interesting story of British Government, refusing to cooperate in dedication. Bitish chairman, Polish Vice Charman of organising committee of Anglo Polish society Wolverhampton.Positions reversed after deidication.
    One remainig memmber. original Chaiman, annual ceremony. Momunent, to be upgraded. Funds sought. John Mellor OBE., QSM., Commander and Cavalier, Polonoia Restituta Link1928JPM@aol.com

Default Re: Katyn Memorial Sprinslade, Cannock UK

Hi John, welcome to the forum. I have visted the memorial several times as my daughter lives nearby and have shown a few pictures of it on the forum in the past.

It is nice to hear there are plans to upgrade it.

Good luck on the project.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn Memorial Sprinslade, Cannock UK  

Hi John,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the forum! Thanks also for posting the photo Ade.

Posted below is a photograph of the Katyn commemorative plaque in the Saint Casimir’s Polish Parish (Parafia św. Kazimierza) here in Vancouver.

Visible in the picture is a small brass storage compartment at base of the plaque marked “Ziemia z Katynia” containing soil from the Katyn forest massacre site.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn Memorial Sprinslade, Cannock UK   Katyn Memorial Sprinslade, Cannock UK  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Please see my old thread which is now updated in the After the Battle forum:

Katyn memorial in England

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!