Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Katyn victims

Article about: Copy of a letter sent by his wife to Red Cross in Chicago, USA. She explains that she had not heard of her husband, other than through other people. She says that he was last seen working at

?

Hello
    Krakow1:Your collection is impressive, well there are people who remember and fix it.
    In my collection more than 700 pictures of soldiers from the Second Polish Republic and a collection of little ones I gathered.
    Best wishes
    Artur.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

This refers to Post #154, and subsequent posts. Major Franciszek Zukowski. This is a page from book by Boguslaw Polak, " Kawalerowie Virtuti Militari " (Cavalliers of Virtuti Militari.) Book came out in 1997. Mr Polak lists sources for the write up : CAW (Central Military Archive), and information that came from the Daughter of Major Zukowski. The Daughter has been deceased for a few years.
    It says in the write up that Major Zukowski in 1939 volunteered for the Army, and that He is missing in ZSRR.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Last edited by Krakow1; 06-01-2017 at 01:28 PM.

I have been very fortunate to obtain his Virtuti Militari. Look at the Cross that He is wearing in the picture : and look at the Cross itself :
    these both show damage to the Cross, bent balls and two balls missing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims  

Vm # 1087

Last edited by Krakow1; 06-01-2017 at 01:28 PM.

?

Hello Everyone
    About ppor./2nd Lieutnant lekarz weterynarii KOCOWICZ Tadeusz Szymon.
    Noteolish language:
    Ppor. rez. Tadeusz Szymon KOCOWICZ s. Michała i Anny z Rosłanowskich, ur. 28 X 1908 w Starym Czortkowie, woj. tarnopolskie. Lekarz weterynarii, absolwent Akademii Weterynaryjnej we Lwowie. W 1929 ukończył SPRArt. we Włodzimierzu Woł. Ppor. mianowany ze starszeństwem od 1 I 1932. W 1936 przydzielony do 24 pal. Pracował jako miejski lekarz wet. w Poddębicach k. Łodzi.CAW, AP 8155; MiD WIH, Ł.W. 029/5 z IV 1940; AM 3153.
    Żonaty z Ireną z Gałków.Irena Kocowicz (nee Gałk).MCC nr 42525.
    About Irena:
    Monte Cassino cross
    post#1376
    Add fotos ,,at hot'' from the officer's booklet. As I will have in hand I will accommodate more.
    Best wishes
    Artur vel Cherry

Katyn victims  

Katyn victims

Good find, as there is no picture of Reserve Lt. Tadeusz Szymon Kocowicz in the Book "Katyn the Cementary Book. "

?

Hello Dear Krakow1
    Książeczka stanu służby oficerskiej- State Officer's Status Book in my hand.Military specialty:Commander of platoon.Training in military service 11 pap.Exercise in reserve:Centrum Wyszkolenia i Badań Weterynaryjnych:4-14 VII 1938 and 25th pal:15-30 VII 1938.
    1939:He applied for service 24 VIII to 29 Infantry Regiment.
    10 IX 1939 at hour 13.40 he volunteered in Komenda Garnizonu Miasta Lublina Stacja Zborna.
    Add fotos.

?

Last record a little unreadable: see the name Brest here ... the signature...się do Brześcia podpis.I think ppor.Kocowicz was arrested in Lvov because he had a wife's family there.Last residence address TUREK ul.Nowa 20 from 10 XI 1937.Add fotos.
    Best wishes
    Artur.

Katyn victims  

?

Hello Everyone
    Last entry 1939 will be such: departure to Brest/Odjazd do Brześcia.
    Best wishes
    Artur

This is for Post # 189. While in Krakow last month visiting Cmentarz Rakowicki (Rakowicki Cementary) I happened to accidentally find a symbolic grave of Major Patoczka. Of course the name plate on the grave is post 1991, before that no one would dare to have this written on one.
    It says " Major WP Otokar Patoczka, Shot in Katyn 1940 , Prisoner of Starobielsk "

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast