Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Krzyz Zaslugi in strange etui

Article about: Hello. Just bought this Krzyz Zaslugi in .. this strange etui . I guess etui is from this medal of 10 years of independence cause of the date " 1928" on it or maybe it was Krzyz Za

Default Krzyz Zaslugi in strange etui

Hello.
    Just bought this Krzyz Zaslugi in .. this strange etui . I guess etui is from this medal of 10 years of independence cause of the date " 1928" on it or maybe it was Krzyz Zaslugi awarded in the 10 year of independence and it's some kind of occasionally etui?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krzyz Zaslugi in strange etui  
    Attached Images Attached Images Krzyz Zaslugi in strange etui 

Default Re: Krzyz Zaslugi in strange etui

Hello Semper,

There are only two ‘official’ storage boxes for the pre-war Cross of Merit that I am aware of (pictured below).

I am doubtful that your case was originally intended for a decoration. Your theory based on the date does have some merit , but it is an odd size when compared to the typical boxes that accompanied pre-war decorations. Can you post pictures of the interior of the box?

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krzyz Zaslugi in strange etui   Krzyz Zaslugi in strange etui  

Krzyz Zaslugi in strange etui  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne