MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Legitymacja Osobista

Article about: Help please with translations from Polish

Default Legitymacja Osobista

Help please with translations from Polish
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legitymacja Osobista   Legitymacja Osobista  

Legitymacja Osobista   Legitymacja Osobista  

Legitymacja Osobista  

more pictures

THANK YOU !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legitymacja Osobista   Legitymacja Osobista  

Legitymacja Osobista   Legitymacja Osobista  

Hi Igor, as you can likely surmise this is a "Personal Identification" booklet.

The page opposite the photo tells us it was issued to a young corporal with the surname Lichtensztejn, which is generally considered to be Jewish. This soldier served in the 35th Infantry Regiment.

On the page titled "posiadane ordery i odznaczenie" (your orders and decorations) it states that he was awarded the Commemorative Wielkopolskie (Greater Poland) Cross for Valour, the Medal for the War of 1918-1921, and the 10-Years of Independence Medal. The booklet was issued December 3, 1929 and was valid until December 31, 1931.

Lastly, the page titled "Zmiany" (Changes) is difficult to decipher in its entirety, but here's the majority of it:

. . . Corporal Lichtensztejn of the 35th Infantry Regiment in . . . is entitled on the basis of the order 284/219 of December 28, 1929 to keep and bear a firearm, one pistol . . . December 30, 1929.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

This is a very interesting booklet. Nice find!

?

He was a musician in 35 infantry regiment orchestra.

Pistol, assigned to him, may be a Melior, Belgian make...
    Last edited by jaxmon; 09-08-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks to ALL !!!

What badge we see on Lichtensztejn's photo ?
    This booklet from Israel ...

?

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    Thanks to ALL !!!

What badge we see on Lichtensztejn's photo ?
    This booklet from Israel ...
    This picture is not too clear, and the badge is out of focus. It reminds me of 3rd Infantry Legion Regiment badge. Medals in his book were given to him by order of 2nd Infantry Legion Division command. 3rd Infantry Legion Regiment was part of 2nd Div.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    . . . Corporal Lichtensztejn of the 35th Infantry Regiment in . . .

Tony
    Brzesc nad Bugiem

Thank you !!!

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    He was a musician in 35 infantry regiment orchestra.

Pistol, assigned to him, may be a Melior, Belgian make...
    I don't read Polish - is that what the text says? I can see 'jednego pisto... ...65' at the end of the sentence. Is that the reference to a Melior?

If indeed a Melior would that be an issue pistol or a private purchase? I am aware that the early Wojsko Polskie possessed a considerable number of different pistols.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast