MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M.S. Wojsk - Wz.36 Uniform Specifications/Designs

Article about: Hello, These are the original M.S. Wojsk Wz.36 uniform specifications/designs for mainly the field uniform. You need to have Java installed on your computer to view them, a message will auto

Default M.S. Wojsk - Wz.36 Uniform Specifications/Designs

Hello,

These are the original M.S. Wojsk Wz.36 uniform specifications/designs for mainly the field uniform.

You need to have Java installed on your computer to view them, a message will automatically ask you to install or run it when you use this weblink from the Silesian Digital Library.

Śląska Biblioteka Cyfrowa - biblioteka cyfrowa regionu śląskiego - Dziennik Rozkazów, 1936, R. 19, nr 2

It talks about a rain cloak with hood which I did not know existed, do any of the members have an example of this clothing, please ?

I think that the Cytadela website is one of the best for its history, descriptions and detailed photos of most of the Polish Army units of all ranks.

Also, do any of the members have a original Wz.36 (Black ?) leather or light Beige gabardine greatcoat (as worn by Porucznik Artylerii (oficer wychowawca 2 baterii szkolnej) z żoną, uwiecznieni przez fotografa z ulicy Łaziennej. W tle Dwór Artusa i ratusz; Toruń, kwiecień 1933r). as it would be interesting to see, please ?

The first link is the light Beige gabardine greatcoat (as worn by Porucznik Artylerii (oficer wychowawca 2 baterii szkolnej)

Untitled Document

The second is of Wz.36 snow camouflage clothing worn by patrol narciarski, Karpaty Wschodnie, marzec 1939 r, do any of the members have an example of this clothing, please ?

Untitled Document

I think personally it proves the variety and quality of Polish uniforms from one of our most glorious, latest periods (for me the Wz.36 uniform was the peak of our success in producing our most iconic uniform design which lasted up to the end of the September Campaign in 1939, that is why it is my main focus in Polish collecting) and that there is no such thing as coming to the end of your Polish collection.

I only collect pre-war Polish militaria (mainly officers from the Wz.36 pattern), so for me it is a bit easier than also collecting earlier pre-war and PSZ and Polish Army in the East, but still it could last a lifetime.

Do you think that after a true liberation of Poland, that after looking for family and friends (armed forces and civilians), helping to gradually turn the economy round to peacetime production by helping to clear the rubble, trying to find a job (ironically, usually in the building industry, one thing not in short supply was black ironic humour), that for soldiers, the next most important thing was trying to find your Wz.36 uniform or other militaria you hid and buying a new Wz.36 uniform (if needed) or receiving one when the economy improved enough (I know it would have been one of my most important, as soon as I could spare the time), please ?

Thank you very much.

justin1939
    Last edited by justin1939; 10-08-2013 at 03:02 PM.