Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

Article about: Wladyslaw MIECZNIK Roughly translated from Wikipedia Wladyslaw Miecznik (born 18 April 1903 in Warsaw , died. 8 February 1989 in Warsaw ) - Polish coppersmith and engraver . Biography In 192

Default Re: The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

Wincenty Wabia-Wabinski VM in maker marked box.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

Next up is a very interesting cased item from Jacek (Icek) Kweksilber. The maker marked case contain a commemorative pennon of the 1st Józef Piłsudski Light Horse Regiment (1Pułk Szwoleżerów im. Józefa Piłsudskiego). Pictures are from an internet auction listing from Dec. 2012.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .   The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .  

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .   The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .  

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .   The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .  

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Currently listed at Allegro.pl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .   The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .  

Hi Simon, yes, that was a stunning 2nd Ulan’s badge / box set. Superb condition. I’d heard the auction was closed early as the seller was bombarded with offers coming in "every five minutes" to sell outside Allegro. Eventually the set along with other items from the original owner’s grouping was sold to a collector in Poland for an undisclosed amount, other than the comment “for more than it was worth”. Not quite sure what to make of that comment, but safe to say that’s one lucky collector to have added such a fine piece to their collection.

Next up in the maker marked parade is a beautiful and rare cased Silesian Star made by Stanisław Zygadlewicz with storage case. This cross is the largest version of this decoration measuring 78mm across. This set sold in October 2008 for the equivalent of about 3000USD.

Regards,
    Tony

Another pre-WW2 producer of the Polish badges and decorations was GALMET from Sosnowiec, Silesia. This factory produced badges associated with Silesia, e.g. Silesian Star. So, this is my response to the Grand Silesian Star attached by Tony:

The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

Regards,
    Jacek

Hi Jacek, and thanks for your post.

If you have any more information about this maker, any history such as what happened to him following the outbreak of WW2, and any examples of packaging or other ephemera associated with his operation please do post for us. Of course, this also applies to any information or items you may have pertaining to any other of the other Polish 2nd Republic producers of badges and decorations.

Cheers,
    Tony

Here’s a photo taken on April 6, 1930 showing Lt. Col. Marian Chilewski, C.O. of the 58th Infantry Regiment, presenting the mayor of Poznań, Cyryl Ratajski, with a cased 58PP regimental badge. (photo credit: NAC)

The formal award diploma is also visible in the photo. Here’s a better look at one of these diplomas, issued to a soldier in 1937. This one has evidently been trimmed from its original size:

The official producer of badges for the 58PP was Wiktor Gontarczyk, so it's a safe bet that the storage case in the photo is one bearing the Gontarczyk name, perhaps similar to this one:

Cheers,
    Tony

In fact only a little is known about GALMET but below you will find some information on it prepared by me.

Fabryka Galanterii Metalowej „GALMET” it means Factory of the Metal Accessories – GALMET was established by Goldberg and Kucyński in 1903 in Sosnowiec, Silesia. The production of the badges and decorations was only the part of their activity according the name of the factory. They produced badges and decorations mainly associated with Silesia and Silesian Uprising (probably they had received only local contracts). After WW II their production profile had changed and its main activity was associated with motorization (it was restructured into the Plant of Automobile Equipment). Nowadays it is the part of the Magneti Marelli Company.

In the future I will post some examples of their pre-WW2 production but first I have to prepare high quality pictures.

Cheers,
    Jacek

Hi Jacek, thanks for that additional information.

Quote by JacekMed View Post
    In the future I will post some examples of their pre-WW2 production but first I have to prepare high quality pictures.
    Super. We look forward to seeing them. Please note that this thread is for pictures of badges and decorations with maker marked packaging. Badges alone should be posted in the:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...-thread-14654/

Regards,
    Tony

I apologize for pictures in wrong category - I thought that this thread is designed for examples of different makers of pre-WW2 Polish badges but as you wish to put here only pictures of the badges with marked packaging I will post rest of my pictures in another thread according to the instructions - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...-thread-14654/

Jacek
    Last edited by JacekMed; 07-18-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast