Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My little colection of polish militaria 1939...

Article about: Telephone set. On the first photo you can see a telephone officer bag for the documents. Inside nice polish stamps. Next photo polish army telephone AP36 (aparat telefoniczny) with battery a

Default Re: My little colection of polish militaria 1939...

Absolutely wonderful collection of very rare items! Did you say "little"? Your wz.31 helmet variants are very impressive. It's great to see the Huta Sosnowiec helmet. Rare!! Many thanks for the good quality pictures and for sharing your superb collection with us.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

thanks

The worst point is that I need to sale evrything... it is the time to build home for my family. Maybe in the future I will come back to collecting polish stuff? I hope so.

Been there and done that my friend! But family first, always.

The positive side is that you have built up a valuable collection that has likely appreciated in value, rather than squandering your money in pubs and other wasteful pursuits. Now you can liquidate this investment to put toward your household.

The down side is that this collection will not be easy to re-build in the future when some disposable income will become available. And if you’re like me (and many other collectors), you will suffer regrets on what was let go.

So I’d recommend that you try to keep a small portion of the collection, the items you treasure the most. Your wz.31 variant collection is killer, and if I was in your shoes that’s what I‘d be tempted to hold onto. It doesn’t take up much space, and it makes for a very good starting point to resume collecting down the road. Just some friendly advice. You’ll thank me in twenty years!

Best wishes to you!
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Amazing collection - I only have wz.31 and 2 wz.35 helmets along with canteen and 2 bayonets.

?

hi

great collection
    thanks to sharing it
    damage to sell it

cheers, hughes

Supreme collection of Wz. 31 helmets!!! The best collection of pre- 1939 Polish helmets I've seen so far on the internet.

September1939 - your collection is truly outstanding. Thank you for the fine detailed pics especially of how the equipment was worn together. It should be purchased by a museum for posterity's sake.

Hello Marek,

Have you put all your pre-war Polish collection on the forum, please ?

I always keep photos of my items I sell, so I can remind myself of them.

Mike, the museums have enough pre-war Polish militaria (they have so many simular items that there is not much left for the collectors, they should only keep the notable personalities militaria and unique items), we collectors need our chances

Also all the collectors here already contribute to an online reference museum, by using the forum.

Would any of the members be interested in buying some excellent examples of early WW2 German uniform items, I am reluctantly selling on Ebay, please ?

Justin1939
    Last edited by justin1939; 06-10-2013 at 01:23 AM.

It would be nice to see such a uniform collection in travelling exhibitioons . Museums are so underfunded though and little help sponsoring this except maybe via Polish Embassy ... Anyhow . great focus and consistent collecting !

Perhaps the museums in Poland and the Sikorski museum but I doubt you would find such a display in a museum in Canada and perhaps the USA.

I like Robert's idea. A travelling exhibition sponsered by the Polish Embassies in respective countries that have Polish disporas. And not just Europe where (again perhaps) the Polish soldiers' stories are better known but here in Canada, the USA and Australia. Brazil too.

Plus I suggested a museum because not all collectors have the wherewithal or inclination to purchase entire collections. So these amased-over-time, focused collections get 'hen pecked' for the most desireable items and 'whittled away'. Sure I'm a collector too but I'd really like to see September1939 collection stay together. The sum is greater than the parts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast