Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31

Article about: Hello all, In an effort to reach the minimum 15 posts to remove that “watermark” obscuring the complete viewing of photos on this site, and partially due to boredom on a Friday night . . . h

Default Re: My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31

Hi Tomek,

Great info. I'm quite certain that this is Gen. Kasprzycki. Thanks for filling in the blanks as to date and location of this photograph.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi,

Just thought that I would add that the Officer receiving the new regimental standard is Pplk Czeslaw Kopanski commanding officer of the 1 Morski Batalion Strzelcow.

Though the photographic archives list it has being 17th October 1937

Just found this info reference: Dzienniku Rozkazow MSWojsk z 1937 r. Nr 9, poz. 108. Sztandar , ufundowany przez spoleczenstwo powiatu morskiego, wreczyl batalionowi gen. Tadeusz kasprzycki w Wejherowie 17 pazdziernika 1937r.

I hope that this helps.

Andrzejku

?

Andrzejku you have right- 1937r, my 'czech mistake'

?

Andrzejku you have right- 1937r, my 'czech mistake'

A recent auction contained these pics worthwhile posting here of a very early and rare wz.31/50. The later and more commonly encountered wz.31/50’s used a liner that required the drilling of two additional holes in the shell.

This initial batch retained the three liner rivets and were essentially identical to the pre-war ‘combat’ versions, only that they used a wz.35 liner with the added crown strap and ‘pillows’ with blue coloured fabric. Of course, the other difference common to all wz.31/50's was the absense of the characteristic pre-war anti reflective ‘salamandra’ finish.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31   My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31  

My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31   My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Here's a pre-war wz.31 that has just sold on Allegro for 2347zl (704USD; 477GBP). Missing the chin strap and one if the liner "pillows", but an otherwise nice survivor with largely intact original finish.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31   My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31  

My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31  
    Attached Images Attached Images My pre-WW2 Polish wz.31 

man I have always wanted one of those early pre war polish helmets, but alas no luck.. on the other hand I did marry a honey from poland with a nice rack..so it ain't all bad

Well, if you can’t put any pictures of a nice wz.31, then maybe of your wife? . . .

In all seriousness, keep on the hunt and you'll find a nice wz.31 survivor. A good one will eventually come along. Perhaps consider enlisting the help of your wife's relatives in Poland.

If at all possible, be sure to post any prospective purchases here as these are also subject to manipulation by unscupulous sellers.

Oh, and welcome to the forum !

Cheers,
    Tony

Here's a wz.31 that sold earlier today, apparently a 1937 dated product of the Ludiwkow factory. This one seems to have a strange looking salamandra finish and paint colour, perhaps exacerbated by use of the flash. In any event, a steep price for a helmet in this condition.

Regards,
    T.

PS contrary to the seller's description, the wz.31 helmet was issued prior to 1936

To all with knowledge of the Wz.31, considering the rarity of this helmet, especially sold outside Poland, if i managed to find one, say in good condition how much do you expect the sale price to be?

Would a little of 600 uk pounds be a bit of an overprice or what would be expected as an average this days?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast