Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the White Eagle on auction

Article about: Hi guys, I'm interested to hear your opinion on the following item: It's not exactly hard to find a Polish White Eagle set offered for sale - those damn fakes are everywhere. But to find an

?

Default Order of the White Eagle on auction

Hi guys,
    I'm interested to hear your opinion on the following item:

It's not exactly hard to find a Polish White Eagle set offered for sale - those damn fakes are everywhere. But to find an authentic one - offered for sale, no less- is truly a rare find. The British auctioneer Morton and Eden offers one on it's next auction. While they have an excellent reputation and to my knowledge have never knowingly sold fakes, I've already seen fake White Eagle insignia offered by reputable auctioneers. What do you think about this one? Gontarczyk make. Badge 69mm, star 79.5mm

Order of the White Eagle on auctionOrder of the White Eagle on auctionOrder of the White Eagle on auctionOrder of the White Eagle on auction

?

Looks good to me...but I hate these type of auctions. 20% buyers premium + VAT + 2% for a credit card! If it sells at the bottom end of the estimate of 6000 GBP, the actual 'out the door' cost is 8520 GBP. A total scam....

?

Quote by LwowAK View Post
    Looks good to me...but I hate these type of auctions. 20% buyers premium + VAT + 2% for a credit card! If it sells at the bottom end of the estimate of 6000 GBP, the actual 'out the door' cost is 8520 GBP. A total scam....
    Well, that's just how they make their money. Though I agree with you, I'd rather purchase directly from other collectors.
    But the auction house price can be seen as the most realistic one, while collectors often ask ridiculous prices.