Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Passport 1939-Katyn victim

Article about: Hi, Thought of sharing this item here with you. Tragic and sad. It is a passport, late 1939, 2 months before the war breaking out, used to travel to an International Medical Conference in Sw

Default Passport 1939-Katyn victim

Hi,

Thought of sharing this item here with you. Tragic and sad.

It is a passport, late 1939, 2 months before the war breaking out, used to travel to an International Medical Conference in Switzerland, returning back to Poland 1 month before the war broke out.
    The holder was a well known Doctor: Sloninski Zygmunt.
    During the war he was a major, and was murdered in 1940, Katyn.

Lekarze pochowani na cmentarzu w Charkowie

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Passport 1939-Katyn victim   Passport 1939-Katyn victim  

Passport 1939-Katyn victim  
    Attached Images Attached Images Passport 1939-Katyn victim 

Default Re: Passport 1939-Katyn victim

Hello Neil,

Thank you for sharing this. Very interested and indeed also sad. Looking over the list of all those murdered doctors it reminds me how it still is difficult to fully comprehend the gravity of this crime. And equally so the continuing efforts of some to alter history and continue denying responsibility for this genocide.

Regards,
    Tony

?

interesting document. Thanks for sharing.
    I was well aware of Katyn before the movie of course, but it surprises me that it has zero or very few advertisement here and basically passed unnoticed.
    The same happened for Anonyma, another great movie.

Hi Tony,

Yes, we must never forget the crimes committed on us all during the war.
    The murder of those people is a horrific and unforgivable crime! one can not avoid responsibility, never.

Neil.

?

A very sad, but historic, document.

Gary J.

What is strange is that the issue date for the passport is June 30, but some of the visas already where issued a week earlier...this makes sense? maybe the date was added a week later, after it was not originally applied, forgotten?

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Passport 1939-Katyn victim  

Hi,

I think I solved the 'passport issue date' problem: He left Poland on June 30. so the date must have been empty, and fieled in by hand on the date of departure at the border check-up.

Neil.